What's Your Pistol Preference? Benelli Doesn't Make One!

OhioM4

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No its not at all like that, do some research and you tell me what gun is involved in more accidental self shootings than the Glock. I know Duggan you are so highly trained but statistically the Glock causes most of the accidental self shootings amongst officers. Maybe its a numbers game because of the fact that Glock comes in with the lowest quote when a police department gets ready to buy new pistols, but from what my local law enforcement has said to me and what my concealed weapons permit trainer who is a retired cop from New York City is that Glocks cause the most accidental self shootings due to it's Trigger Safety.

Prove me wrong with data, don't just trash talk. I never said I didn't like the Glock, I shoot my Bro's Glocks all the time and they are a blast. My brothers and I have never shot our selves, and I'm sure that a lot of the police officers who have shot themselves accidentally are highly trained, so what is it that caused them to have an AD?

No, incompetance does.

You have picked a great gun. You now have the Signess, so don't fight it. I have 2 P226. My first one is a West Germany model. M second one is the new Blackwater Tactical. It comes with 4 20rd mags, tritium troglo fiber optic front sight, and rear night sight. Beavertail, with magwell grips and short reset trigger. I use these Sigs for IPSC competition and both have never failed me. I've been competing for years and seen many failures but mostly due to bad reloads. From all of them,Sigs and Glock appear to be the most dependable. Many others make good guns, but when you go over 50,000 rounds, you start separating the good guns from the great ones. Sigs and Glocks appear to be of the latter group of the greats.

New carry package. Springfield Armory XDm 9mm, Surefire X400 Weapon Light/Laser with a remote momentary switch. Raven Concealment Holster. Dual magazine pouch with a custom light carrier for my Surefire LX2.

4010840356_9f3d508009.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3514/4010840356_9f3d508009_b.jpg

4010839240_47367b7e22.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2496/4010839240_47367b7e22_b.jpg

Many others make good guns, but when you go over 50,000 rounds, you start separating the good guns from the great ones. Sigs and Glocks appear to be of the latter group of the greats.

But when saying that how many times people done the same with other guns? Unless your comparing junk to a superior weapon from the get go the same things wear at almost the same ratio.

As for Springfield they are one of the only manufactures I haven't owned yet. Why you say 1) All I need is one saftey if that 2) Something about Springfield USA on the slide bothers me when "made in Croatia" is stamped on the grip. Who knows though said I would never own a S&W and thats what I have now.........

H&K usp .45 is what i use to protect my house. I just picked it up and i love it. Before that i used a Sig Sauer p226 in a .40. Both are great guns but i like more stopping power and a slower bullet.

+1...I just picked up an HK USP45 last week, (virtually unobtainium her in Massachusetts). I won't start a war about boldly stating "it's the best", but for me personally, it is...I absolutely adore this gun. Everything about the USP45 just fits me....

Edited by MassMark

The Glock safety issues is skewed due to the fact that they have a very large market share. Chances of accidents go up as a result. I like the grip angle of the XD better. I like the grip safety because it helps prevent an AD during a fumble.

Go with what you can control and aim well. Yesterday I was out in the desert and we had a swarm of tarantula hawks swarm us. They're pretty aggressive. All black with bright red wings. Imagine a wasp on steroids. I waited for it to land on a nearby bush and blasted him with a 147gn hollow point from 7 to 10 feet. Benelli would have been better, but it worked. ;)

Hey SD, I like your XDM. I got to play with one in Portland, OR. and really liked the feel but they still don't have a CA legal version. It would be nice if they made it in .45 too but I imagine that's probably in the works. I do have a regular 5" tactical XD in .40 though.

Later,

Hookster

I keep my M4 in my pant leg when I want to walk around town armed. Thank God I have a collapsable stock. ;)

I think I know your girlfriend:

grindhouse%2520SPLASH.jpg

Oddly enough I don't think the bayonette or grenade launcher is too much...but the front sight seems superfluous.

If it was an M4 with a collapsible stock... would her name be Eileen???

HK USP 40 compact for carry fullsize 40 or 45 w tlr 3 for the nightstand. I can't believe that Im only the 3rd person to mention Hk in a Benelli forum. For reliabilty in any condtion, I recommend Hk USP just look at the torture test they put them thorugh.

Now I do have to say I have shot alot of 1911's and like them but unless I can spend 3K on a Les baer custom 40 high cap I wont switch from my HK.

i have no preference. lots of good manufacturers out there.

i grew up with sig pistols. i have a p229 .357 and a p220. my wife has a brand new p238 wonderful little popgun/ccw.

so whatever you get comfortable with. i just know the pros and cons of sig, and can live with them :)

. I can't believe that Im only the 3rd person to mention Hk

Yes very strange HK45 is my next gun I have a usp9mm and love it.

I used to have the bretta 92(sp?) after the movie with mel gibson came out. I could shoot that gun very good cant belive i sold it.:confused:

I also had the very first glock I belive 17 or 19? Shot it maybe 4-5 time and couldnt hit the side of a barn I GAVE it to my brother for free I hated it so much.

Yes very strange HK45 is my next gun I have a usp9mm and love it.

I used to have the bretta 92(sp?) after the movie with mel gibson came out. I could shoot that gun very good cant belive i sold it.:confused:

I also had the very first glock I belive 17 or 19? Shot it maybe 4-5 time and couldnt hit the side of a barn I GAVE it to my brother for free I hated it so much.

While they are certainly no secret, HK's seem to be often overlooked by some. Which is fine - leaves more for the rest of us. ;)

I had a chance while in NH over the weekend to check out an HK45. Superb weapon, but for me, the USP45 is a better fit for my big gorilla mitts. Surprisingly, my trigger is smoother, though the HK45 was brand new and barely broken in. Everyone has their preference, but the HK USP45 is in my view, the top of the food chain when it comes to 45ACP.

I like a nice 1911 and really like the Sig220, but LOVE the HK USP45 - just stellar.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a SA 1911. I have a preference for the heavy old school ones that pack a punch. I also have it tricked out a little bit with a match barrel, adjustable tritium sights, Ambidextrous safety, match trigger, etc. I certainly love the newer ones with the composite materials too.