Poly or Acrylic

TMAC

For those of you who know and can appriciate the difference, is the added cost for an acrylic call worth the extra money. When most polycarbonate calls run in the $20-50 range its hard to justify the extra $100 to go to acrylic. Any feedback is appreciated.

For me, it just depends on what situation calls for. Get it? Calls for? :D

Few cheap poly calls can match the pure loud ringing hail of a high quality acrylic duck call. If you need to reach out to the birds, you may want to consider a high quality acrylic call.

If all you need is a call for finishing work, then certainly, just about any call, high end or not, can be very effective for bring the birds in for the kill shot.

I would suggest looking at some reasonably priced call makers like;

Winglock

Echo

Ducklander

I attended a duck calling seminar the other day and can say that after having had the opportunity to try some of the Zink Acrylic calls that there is a difference. Sound quality and volume leves produced are noticabley different than my run of the mill poly calls, now just need to pony up the cash and find the one I like.

90 to 95 % of the ducks we kill are because we are where they want to be, not the call. Use what you can afford and what you like.

yep my grandpa gave me two of the old now antique ps olts the 66 and dr 115 right after I started my collection and I wanna use them this year atleast a few times just see what happends. and I practice my calls atleast 30 mins a day i dont know if its neccasary or not but maybe it will help

90 to 95 % of the ducks we kill are because we are where they want to be, not the call. Use what you can afford and what you like.

Location is critical for sure, but I wouldn't give it 90-95% outright. Some days it might be 100%, but some days, other factors might apply and drop that number way down :)