Convert M1/M2 Slug Barrel to Montefeltro?

JAE20/20

Hello,

Is it possible to convert a M1/M2 slug barrel for use in a Montefeltro? It looks like all that's necessary is to remove the present mag tube ring and attach a smaller, monte mag tube ring?

Has anyone done this, or know someone who does it? Are the parts available? Below is a picture of the 2 barrels. The barrel on the right has the correct mag tube ring size/location.

A recent, uninformed purchase has necessitated this question. :rolleyes:

DSC01721.jpg

Has anyone done this, or know someone who does it? Are the parts available? Below is a picture of the 2 barrels. The barrel on the right has the correct mag tube ring size/location.

Personally if I was desperate to make it work I would find a smith that has done/specializes in barrel chops. When you chop a barrel you have to take the sights off the front and move them back and I think that would be exactly the skill set needed to make this work.

Finding the ring would also be extremely difficult. You could see if someone has a shot monte barrel and would give it to you for a song. Failing that it doesn't look that complex, so if you went to your local weld/machine shop you could probably get one made if you were desperate.

Is it going to be worth it after all that? I dunno, how much is bragging to your friends that yours is the only monte in the world with a slug barrel worth? :p

Thanks for the quick responses. "The only Montefeltro slug gun in the world" has a nice ring to it.. :D

If anyone has a shot monte barrel they don't mind donating to the cause (for a small compensation), let me know!

If this doesn't pan out, a older rifled 20ga bolt action or lever action has always intrigued me...

Thanks again for the help. :)

I share office space with a welding and machine shop.

They have a specific policy against working on firearms, other than mine off the clock or course, due to liability concerns.

You'll be hard pressed to find a good shop that will touch it. You really don't want a bad one touching it.

So that leaves you with the true pros. The likes of Briley.

They'd probably do the work, but you'd better go to them with a loaded wallet.