Patternmaster ext or longrange

(TANK)

I was looking at the patternmaster chokes for a SBE2 and was wondering about length or what others used in there SBE2. I shoot mostly 3" shells but want to have the choice of 3 1/2 if needed. The specs. on the Ext says it works as well as the Longrange any reviews on the tubes will be great. What is the diff between the black and the silver? ported/non ported? Besides color and holes. Which one do yall prefer I have a Black SBE II 28" .

Edited by (TANK)

Yes it will work dddduuuuhhhh but it would work slightly better with a non ported choke, and you would save money. I had to underline and bold better so you would understand me, read my post completely this time.

Hey trapshooter,You come across as quite the ***hole...I read your posts all over this site and they all have the same TONE...let me write that in capitals so you understand me.

Now I have a SBE2 with a patternmaster full extended choke...ported.It has been the best aftermarket choice I have made to date...I pattered my gun with this choke and amazed at the patterns i'm getting.I'm bringing ducks and geese down from alot farther than the other guys with other popular aftermarket chokes...my hunting partners comment all the time on the long shots...and killing the birds dead...I shoot relatively inexpensive 3.5 inch steel shot.I recommend to anyone to give the patternmaster a try, it is an expensive choke, but worth it. The guys say its a little loud with the ported tube but works well.

Hey trapshooter,You come across as quite the ***hole...I read your posts all over this site and they all have the same TONE...let me write that in capitals so you understand me.

Now I have a SBE2 with a patternmaster full extended choke...ported.It has been the best aftermarket choice I have made to date...I pattered my gun with this choke and amazed at the patterns i'm getting.I'm bringing ducks and geese down from alot farther than the other guys with other popular aftermarket chokes...my hunting partners comment all the time on the long shots...and killing the birds dead...I shoot relatively inexpensive 3.5 inch steel shot.I recommend to anyone to give the patternmaster a try, it is an expensive choke, but worth it. The guys say its a little loud with the ported tube but works well.

Please don't continue this child like name calling. If you would please explain to me why that choke is the best aftermarket choice you have made to date. How many aftermarket choices have you made? Do you honestly think you kill more ducks with that choke than you would with a plain extended non ported full choke? Have you noticed an improvement in the percentage of kill shots? You wrote "TONE" in capital letters to mock me. I did not just decide to capital the word I did when replying to vincishooter for no reason, I did it because he clearly did not read or comprehend my previous post entirely and I didn't want to repeat it again. You are clearly immature and if stating the obvious makes me an @$$ hole than I guess that is what I am.

Here is some more examples of me being an "***-hole". These are people thanking and complementing me, do you think they would say this to an "***-hole"

Keep up the respect, and you will make me proud to say that you are a righteous fellow American and a gentleman.
Ahh.. That's where the warning is. haha. Thanks
Thanks! I never thought about the plastic in the bore before your post.
Thanks Trapshooter1, Do you know what mounts are best or have any links to ones that you reccomend for the SuperNova?
That did it. I just didn't dare push that hard. Thanks for your help.
Thanks for the info
Thanks, Trapshooter. I use Briley chokes in my Montefeltro and just didn't think to consult their site to find this out. I appreciate your help!
HAHA..Your funny that's why your cool. We should do some shooting some day
I could find more examples but don't have the time.

I also don't have time to go through 558 posts...I have hunting to do.Where i think this choke excells is shooting the big canada geese up here in canada.I do believe the ported choke does help with muzzle jump,and yes i have tried other aftermarket chokes and i do pattern my gun extensively and i get almost 100 percent of my pattern inside a 30 inch circle at 30 yards with a ported extended patternmaster choke...and very close to the same amount of pellets distributed evenly throughout the circle. It's hard to improve on that...My suggestion to people is try it out yourself. Someone said the wad could catch on the ports...I doubt that, but if it does more power to it because that is the idea behind the patternmaster choke...the wad catches on the lugs inside the choke to slow the wad down so the pellets can travel ahead of the wad.

I also don't have time to go through 558 posts...I have hunting to do.Where i think this choke excells is shooting the big canada geese up here in canada.I do believe the ported choke does help with muzzle jump,and yes i have tried other aftermarket chokes and i do pattern my gun extensively and i get almost 100 percent of my pattern inside a 30 inch circle at 30 yards with a ported extended patternmaster choke...and very close to the same amount of pellets distributed evenly throughout the circle. It's hard to improve on that...My suggestion to people is try it out yourself. Someone said the wad could catch on the ports...I doubt that, but if it does more power to it because that is the idea behind the patternmaster choke...the wad catches on the lugs inside the choke to slow the wad down so the pellets can travel ahead of the wad.

Thank you for the useful reply. I would do it myself, but I don't want to waste my money again on another ported choke, I used to be a big fan of the ported chokes, believe it or not ;) I found out learning that the patterns with ported chokes, were no better than a non ported chokes. With some loads the non ported chokes were noticeable better, much so with federal flitecontrol, which include black cloud, and the turkey loads I use. In theory the choke slowing the wad down, would make a looser, but still even pattern. I never noticed this, except with flitecontrol wads. I think I might have misunderstood you. You said the choke slowing the wad down, would allow the pellets to travel ahead of the wad. And I am assuming you meant it would provide better patterns. Can you please explain to me how that would make better patterns? The wad influences the spread rate of the shot. I would think that interfering with that set rate would only make bad effects. All things considered, patterns don't lie, but people do. I am not saying you are lying, I would just have to see some patterns to believe all the things said about this choke. Would somebody with a kicks highflyer please post a pattern?

Having used the patternmaster for 3 seasons in both a Nova and Onyx Pro I think they work very well. I have not patterned either gun, but both shoot well. I either miss or crush them. I suspect the pattern to be fairly tight. At the waterfowl festival last year I talked to a salesman at the Sean Mann booth who said he removed his patternmaster for close in ducks as he was taking the heads off at close range. Sounds like a bit of bs to me. When I bought the chokes for the o/u from Sean Mann, I went to his shop,which is local for me. He was telling me the patternmaster works well with the Kent faststell shells since the wads are the thin plunger style that were used in the old lead loads. I can't justify the prices or tell you extended or longrange as I don't know if they even had the different models when I bought mine.My tubes are chrome that I painted with black grill paint. I have not met a duckhunter who did not have more gadgets than anyone could possibly need. Good luck this season.

I have the ext. long range Pattern Master and love it. As a matter of fact I have 2 of them. I'm willing to part with one of them. Both are one season old. If interested just let me know.

I just got a patternmaster ext from a member here.Look forward to trying it out and putting up some reviews. I want to give a word of praise to what a stand up guy michaelap is when it came to selling his item on here. Good commutation and item as described. Thanks again michaelap Great Seller!!!! and may your ducks be plentiful.;)

Edited by (TANK)

• 2 months later...