SBE II performance?

bnburns05

I am in the market for an autoloader primarily for waterfowling (3 1/2in). I pick up a SBEII everytime I go into a sporting good shop. I love the feel of it. I shoot primarily supermag loads but dove hunt and shoot sporting clays also. I have no doubts of the durability of the inertia system but need assurance of reliability cycling lighter loads (with in the recommended minimum from Benelli).

Anyone shoot 1 1/8 target loads frequently enough to vouch for benelli on the reliability claims?

I have had zero problems with 1-1/8 ounce loads, and I have shot a fair number of 1 oz. loads with no trouble whatsoever.

Agreed, especially if you are going to be putting heavy rounds through it I really dont think you will have any issues at all. I never properly broke-in my M2 but it chugs through light targets all day long.

I have shot several thousand rounds of trap loads through my SBE ll without one failure. I shoot whatever is cheapest. 1 oz. or 1 1/8, doesn't matter. The SBE ll will not let you down. You are covered from the light loads all the way to the 3 1/2''. You will not be disappointed.

Edited by hognutz

no problems thus far w/ my sbe2 1 1/4oz or greater for break in of a 100 rounds and 1 1/8oz after. Mine shot 1 1/8oz out of the box didn't know of the break in period till I shot the box. I bought 1 1/4oz and have shot it since at doves and got my limit in two boxes and have two boxes to go to finish break in. I figure I can make up for it on our Duck opener.