Manuals-Lack of & Questions

sinneD

Since I have tried to call Benelli customer a couple of times (I have been disconnected both times after LONG hold times) and have gotten more frustrated than waiting for my gun trying to get through, this is the only place to get info.

The lack of availabe manuals is deplorable! EVERY major manufacturer has their manuals online. Ruger, Remington, Winchester, Beretta, etc., all online for download or free/nominal cost for the aksing.

In this day and age of cheap avenues to publish through electronic media the year old "Manuals coming soon" this is unexcusable!

Come on! What is happening to your customer service? Will it take a lawsuit to shame Benelli into posting them?

And as far as the Euro versions of the manuals, they are not up to date with current production.

I am about to buy my first NEW gun and at the tune of almost $1500. To some this may seem the norm, but to me it is A LOT of money. I want to get as much info as I can to be an safe and educated user.

ETA for my LH gun: Indeterminate....so as a lefty I am faced with gettting a RH and trying to find the LH butt pad. Not exactly the ideal but servicable.

1. Break in shells: Is there a consensus of how many rounds, how heavy, etc..

2. Things to look out for in breakin?

3. Minumin sized loads to use? I have seen everything froim 2.75dr & 1.125 oz to 3dr 1.24 loads. What is it?

sinneD

1. Break in shells: Is there a consensus of how many rounds, how heavy, etc..

2. Things to look out for in breakin?

3. Minumin sized loads to use? I have seen everything froim 2.75dr & 1.125 oz to 3dr 1.24 loads. What is it?

1) The SBEII manual recommends shooting three or four boxes (75 - 100 shells) of "standard hunting loads" (whatever that means).

If you want to shoot lighter loads, the concensus is to use heavy turkey loads during the first 75 - 100 shells.

I put 50 shells of Winchester Supreme 3” with Max Dr. Eq. At 2 Oz and 50 shells of Winchester Supreme 3 1/2" with Max. Dr. at 2 1/4 Oz.

2) Check that your factory choke wrench fits every choke. See sbe II choke wrench problem? thread.

Also see Stiff Safety - Benelli Response thread.

3) The Benelli website has an FAQ section. So the official minimum load for the SBE (and I assume SBEII) is: 3 dr with 1 1/8 oz load.

I agree with you regarding the online or downloadable manuals.

Nice attitude.

Despite what you may think, the majority of folks still don't use the internet.

A manual comes with the gun and that will satisfy any legal requirement. Benelli will also mail a copy upon request.

Your lawsuit comment is lame and inappropriate and is exaclty why so many folks despise the legal system. You are using non-issue to place blame.

The other companies you mention are infamous for their attempt to avoid liability, so don't confuse their on-line manual service as being overly helpful, it's pure CYA.

-Ruger's warranty is 0 years.

-Winchester's warranty is 0 years.

- Remington's warranty is 2 years.

- Beretta's warranty is 1 year raised to 3 if you register

- Benelli's warranty is 5 years.

Benelli fixed my SBE at the 9 year mark as a warranty repair.

Yeah, Benelli's service sucks.

They clearly are trying to add the on-line manuals, so why no give them a break.

Since you obviously like their services, you should buy a gun from one of the other manufacturers.....

mudhen - CA