Extended Chokes for a Vinci

colejacobs

Hi Everyone,

New here. I have been shopping for either a 12 gauge Cordoba or Vinci. I am pretty sure I have settled on the Vinci. Would extended chokes make much of a difference to the Vinci? What if I were to port the barrel? I am just curious if one or both of the options would improve the Vinci even further. I will be using the gun for Pheasants and Sporting Clays. I know the Cordoba is a great crossover gun but I was able to shoot the Vinci and am very impressed and comfortable with it.

Thanks.

Don't think it's been out long enough to see a whole lot of hunting action and to be tricked out.The cordoba has the ported option and it's been proven. The vinci all I can say is from reviews I have read, have shouldered a few but have not shoot due to it being right handed and is pretty much the same as the M2. Try any aftermarket tubes that may fit it if they make'em and let us know.A good choice for you would be the supersport or SSII it has all the tricks.But buy what u feel comfortable with and can afford and welcome to the world of Benelli.

Edited by (TANK)

Thanks for the response, TANK. I can afford the Cordoba or SS, but I like what I have experienced with the Vinci. I like the way it swings and it just feels good. As I am thinking about this I am probably not wanting to port the barrel right away. Maybe a a Crio extended ported choke will be a good experiment. Not sure yet...

The Cordoba was designed for high volume shooting, right? It is sold as having reduced muzzle rize, felt recoil, etc. The Vinci was torture tested in Cordoba, Argentina and supposedly performed really well. I'm wondering what the difference is between the two 28" versions besides the ported barrel and extended chokes of the Cordoba? The Vinci is the "softest kicking 12 gauge ever."

And thanks for the welcome!

Briley will angle port any barrel and they do the best job I have seen. If you can get chokes for a cordoba, M2, SBE you can get chokes for a Vinci. You won't be able to get mag extensions or stocks or any of that good stuff yet, give it a year and you will. It sounds like you need the Cordoba, it is an excellent gun. I have shot the Cordoba and the Vinci and I would most defiantly take the Cordoba. I have heard people say it has "no kick" but that is not true. I know from experience that it has more kick than a gas gun, and how would it cycle if it didn't kick? The action relies on the recoil to cycle it. Over time you will get used to the kick of any gun you shoot regularly and you won't feel it.

Thanks for the response, TANK. I can afford the Cordoba or SS, but I like what I have experienced with the Vinci. I like the way it swings and it just feels good. As I am thinking about this I am probably not wanting to port the barrel right away. Maybe a a Crio extended ported choke will be a good experiment. Not sure yet...

The Cordoba was designed for high volume shooting, right? It is sold as having reduced muzzle rize, felt recoil, etc. The Vinci was torture tested in Cordoba, Argentina and supposedly performed really well. I'm wondering what the difference is between the two 28" versions besides the ported barrel and extended chokes of the Cordoba? The Vinci is the "softest kicking 12 gauge ever."

And thanks for the welcome!

Ain't the Vinci cool? I agree, I love how it fits and feels.

Given that the Vinci has the same old underbored Benelli barrel, I would think that extended chokes might produce better patterns due to the longer parallel sections of the extended choke tube.

I like the Primos Dead Zone chokes. I also like chokes from Carlsons. Maybe buy a few for different shooting conditions; LM, M, IC, etc.

Plus the extended chokes are easier to remove by hand.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

Cole the difference between the two would be the in line inertia driven system,the way it breaks down and on the Cordoba you have a see thru fore-end.I'm not sure of the diff. between the in line and regular driven systems and if it has any benefits other than marketing hype.

Cole the difference between the two would be the in line inertia driven system,the way it breaks down and on the Cordoba you have a see thru fore-end.I'm not sure of the diff. between the in line and regular driven systems and if it has any benefits other than marketing hype.

There is a benefit to the In line ID system, the only real advantage the vinci has over the M2 or Cordoba is the new In line system. The spring is in the receiver behind the bolt so it is easy to take out and clean. The old ID system however, you have to take apart the recoil tube which is a lot of work if you have ever done it. You only need to take it apart maybe once a year though.

There is a benefit to the In line ID system, the only real advantage the vinci has over the M2 or Cordoba is the new In line system. The spring is in the receiver behind the bolt so it is easy to take out and clean. The old ID system however, you have to take apart the recoil tube which is a lot of work if you have ever done it. You only need to take it apart maybe once a year though.

Kinda like the stoger m2000?

Ok, so what are the advantages of the Cordoba over the Vinci besides extended chokes and a ported barrel? The Vinci has the In line system and ComforTech Plus (if that's an advantage), and is lighter. Just trying to cover all my bases here.

Thanks, guys.

The cordoba is awesome, but i have been ver impressed with the vinci as far as how clean it stays. its really amazing and when the time come to clean the gun...it can be done it a snap. The in-line system really does keep the muzzle climb down and thats a fact...either way you get a great gun...never shot the cordoba, but the vinci is the real deal!

The Cordoba is proven, the vinci isn't completely, the Cordoba Is available with a raised comb (aka cheek piece) that lets you raise your POI significantly, The Cordoba is available with a 30" barrel which swings smoother, and as mentioned porting and extended chokes and extra shell.

Trapshooter, I am interested in your posts. You have a lot more experience in shotguns, specifically Benelli's, than I do. Do you think the Vinci will eventually offer a raised comb? I currently do not have interest in a 30" barrel for any gun. Do you think all Benelli's will eventually incorporate the Vinci design and therefore the old ones will become obsolete? I am equally concerned with buying an old technology if Benelli is evolving, as I am concerned buying a new technology that does not have a proven track record.

Thanks.

Trapshooter, I am interested in your posts. You have a lot more experience in shotguns, specifically Benelli's, than I do. Do you think the Vinci will eventually offer a raised comb? I currently do not have interest in a 30" barrel for any gun. Do you think all Benelli's will eventually incorporate the Vinci design and therefore the old ones will become obsolete? I am equally concerned with buying an old technology if Benelli is evolving, as I am concerned buying a new technology that does not have a proven track record.

Thanks.

It will be a while tell you see the raised comb option for the vinci. It is not a big deal though, you can raise your POI a little with the shims. The Cordoba, Super sport, Sport II, and Legacy are all the same gun in different finishes, so I wouldn't worry about finding parts to fix it. Believe me I have an M2 with the same action and it is great I would never worry about it being obsolete. I have shot the Vinci and it kicks just a little lighter than the Cordoba, and the Cordoba kicks plenty soft. The Cordoba is just an awesome gun IMO. The Vinci is just a M2 with a new action and 3 piece design. The 3 piece design isn't that great because it is confusing to take a part, and the Cordoba comes in a 2 piece case where all you have to do is unscrew the forend cap, pull the barrel off, and lay it in the case. The 2 piece case takes up very little room. The Vinci owners on this forum might be mad at me, so I will list some vinci advantages. It is 2 shells worth the weight lighter, cheaper than the cordoba, has a better bolt release, and is a surprisingly soft kicker for a 12 gauge under 7 pounds.

The cordoba is awesome, but i have been ver impressed with the vinci as far as how clean it stays. its really amazing and when the time come to clean the gun...it can be done it a snap. The in-line system really does keep the muzzle climb down and thats a fact...either way you get a great gun...never shot the cordoba, but the vinci is the real deal!

The "old" benelli ID system stays just as clean, and in theory the Inline system would have more muzzle climb than than the old system. The old system has weight going downwards, muzzle following suit, where as the Vinci goes strait back and has no affect on the muzzle climb compared to normal systems. The bigger comfortech I think is what makes the difference with the vinci. The old system is almost as easy to clean, the only advantage the vinci has in cleaning is the spring is in the action. Taking apart the recoil tube on the old system is time consuming, but only needs to be done yearly for reliable cycling.