Patterning Help

mark29860

hello folks, just got back from patterning my gun and this is what i've got. A M2 with a 26" barrel right handed I have the C shim and DX locking plate. AT 25 yds. with full choke shooting off a rest the pattern is center just a little high. AT 25 yds with my imp. cyl. choke the pattern is still high and left. I was shooting Remington heavy dove loads. Is there any way to lower the POI and bring it a little right or an I just stuck with it. I have always just pointed and shot I don't know if I could ever get used to shooting under a bird. Thanks for the info.

hello folks, just got back from patterning my gun and this is what i've got. A M2 with a 26" barrel right handed I have the C shim and DX locking plate. AT 25 yds. with full choke shooting off a rest the pattern is center just a little high. AT 25 yds with my imp. cyl. choke the pattern is still high and left. I was shooting Remington heavy dove loads. Is there any way to lower the POI and bring it a little right or an I just stuck with it. I have always just pointed and shot I don't know if I could ever get used to shooting under a bird. Thanks for the info.

Shoot some clays and it will help you break the old habit, tell your self before you shoot to aim under the clay every time until you get used to it. Put the D shim in and it will lower your POI slightly.

Installing a larger diameter front bead will lower your POI. You can get a Nova front bead from Brownells, for around $10.00. As far as I known this is the tallest bead Benelli makes. Otherwise you can buy any of the magnetic or glue on beads that are offered by Cabelas or Bass Pro,etc. Make sure that the one you buy is taller than the one you have. You may have to experiment to find the proper one, but IMHO it is worth the time. Good luck...