Vinci in Canada? (magazine tube)

jonesbb630

I live in Canada. The Vinci is not yet available in our country. My gun dealer tells me it will be available in Dec. 2009. I hear that the Vinci has the ability to remove the magazine tube. Can anyone attest to that? Would be nice to switch tubes while hunting duck and a flock of geese fly by, and the swith could be done quickly. Can anyone explain how this works? In Canada, we can't even hold one in our hands yet.

The magazine tube is part of the lower receiver sub-assembly.

It is not a quick change part. Certainly not doable in a few seconds as geese approach.

What the Vinci and other Benellis do have is the capability to quickly remove the chambered round and insert another shell from your pocket, bypassing those in the magazine.

The bellow description is copy paste from Benelli web site. What exactly does this mean?

Removable Magazine Tube

You can quickly load rounds into the self-contained magazine tube through the newly designed beveled magazine loading port. The magazine tube assembly can be easily installed in or removed from the Trigger Group/Forearm Module with the push of a button

Edited by jonesbb630

I watched the promo video and you are right. The magazine tube is designed to be quickly removed by pushing a button and twisting it off.

The questions now are:

How quickly can it be removed and replaced?

Can it be removed and replaced while loaded?

And the big one, how much is an extra mag tube, and will it ever be available for purchase?

We've got some Vinci owners here.

I look forward to hearing from them on this.

They can answer the first two easily.

The tube does indeed pull out. I believe that the forearm/trigger group has to be taken off before this can happen. Once the forearm is off, you push the dissassembly button on the forearm that allows the magazine tube to slide out the end. I will check tomorrow, but I don't think you can do this if the magazine tube is loaded because the shell stop stays with the trigger group, and the shells would fall out the bottom.

The tube does indeed pull out. I believe that the forearm/trigger group has to be taken off before this can happen. Once the forearm is off, you push the dissassembly button on the forearm that allows the magazine tube to slide out the end. I will check tomorrow, but I don't think you can do this if the magazine tube is loaded because the shell stop stays with the trigger group, and the shells would fall out the bottom.

So what you're saying is that you think you can't load a tube unless it's attached to the gun?

Hey guys, I have a Vinci. Hognutz is dead on. The Mag Tube does come out but only only while the forearm group is of of the gun. This was designed not to be a quick change in the field but rather ease of cleaning and drop in installation of extended tube that have yet to be seen (as far as i know in the states).

So what you're saying is that you think you can't load a tube unless it's attached to the gun?

That is correct. I checked my Vinci this morning and as I suspected, the shell stop stays with the forearm/trigger group. Therefore, you can load the magazine tube, but there is nothing to hold the shells in the tube. I also checked to see if the mag. tube could be taken out without taking the forearm/trigger assembly off. This can't be done either. Hope this helps you out...

I watched the promo video and you are right. The magazine tube is designed to be quickly removed by pushing a button and twisting it off.

The questions now are:

How quickly can it be removed and replaced?

Can it be removed and replaced while loaded?

And the big one, how much is an extra mag tube, and will it ever be available for purchase?

We've got some Vinci owners here.

I look forward to hearing from them on this.

They can answer the first two easily.

you cant actually take it off in the field and switch in for quik extra three shots if u take the mag tube out while the whole gunis together it wont stay up becouse one of the connections is when you turn the tube in