Jamming SBE II...carrier issues

Hoosier Hillbilly

A quick question about jamming.

I have an SBE II with about 10,000 rounds through it. I recently bought three flats of 1.125 oz 1200 fps Remington Gun Clubs (#8s, FWIW) to use at the range. Last weekend out of 200 rounds I had about 10 cases where on the second shot the shell was just resting on the carrier and the carrier was about 1/2 of the way up. (The empty hull was ejected in every case). Soooo...I brought the gun home and tore it down completely and cleaned everything: trigger group, action spring and tube, mag tube and spring, etc. etc. I cleaned everything, relubed, and went back to the range yesterday. And...same thing. Now, I have probably shot about 8000 rounds of target loads through this gun, including 1180 fps 1 oz loads with narry an issue. The only thing I have had to do is replace the action spring.

I have not had a chance to pick up some different ammo to see if this makes a difference, but other than that I had done all of the obvious things.

Any thoughts?

Thanks...

After a thorough cleaning that made no difference, the next move would be to try different ammo. Unless something broke, I can not imagine anything else that it would be. Buy a case of something different and try it again. Then you will pretty much know if it's the gun. I realize that this advice is a bit on the obvious side, just trying to reinforce you thought process. Let me know how it turns out. Good luck.