What is the best? SBE II or Vinci?

jonesbb630

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote : VINCIshooter

some dont even allow 3.5 depends were your going.

Not sure where this info would come from, but I never heard of any restrictions on the shell size. In Canada, they're is two rules.

1- You have to shoot steel.

2- 2+1 in chamber.

If there is any special rule on shell size anywhere in Canada, it must be from a private hunting reserve.

Quote : VINCIshooter

some dont even allow 3.5 depends were your going.

Not sure where this info would come from, but I never heard of any restrictions on the shell size. In Canada, they're is two rules.

1- You have to shoot steel.

2- 2+1 in chamber.

If there is any special rule on shell size anywhere in Canada, it must be from a private hunting reserve.

now this is just what I think 5 or 6 clubs say ill try to get the names of the places from the guy who goes but i think its kinda the same sitiation here with waterfowlers getting tired of shooting the biggest shell they can and start shooting 20g for the challeng atleast allitle more challenge but I know its some clubs in canadas rules that you cant shoot anything over 3"

now this is just what I think 5 or 6 clubs say ill try to get the names of the places from the guy who goes but i think its kinda the same sitiation here with waterfowlers getting tired of shooting the biggest shell they can and start shooting 20g for the challeng atleast allitle more challenge but I know its some clubs in canadas rules that you cant shoot anything over 3"

Hummm? I never heard of clubs like that. But hey, it's quite possible. A lot of Canadian hunters don't like shooting 3.5" because A) there's no need for it. B) it's expensive to buy and serves no necessary purpose. C) you may be seen as a show off as the majority of Canadian hunters don't have the $$$ to shoot fancy 3.5" gunners. D) all of the above.

But only in Canada...

Hummm? I never heard of clubs like that. But hey, it's quite possible. A lot of Canadian hunters don't like shooting 3.5" because A) there's no need for it. B) it's expensive to buy and serves no necessary purpose. C) you may be seen as a show off as the majority of Canadian hunters don't have the $$$ to shoot fancy 3.5" gunners. D) all of the above.

But only in Canada...

hows the descision going?

hows the descision going?

Ohhh!!!!! That's right!!! The decision??? I got so caught up in this post that I forgot that he made his decision.

My buddy just called me tonight telling me he just ordered a new SBE II Adv Max 4 28"Barrell just like mine. I told him yesterday about my post here and that there appeared to be more leaning to the SBE II than the Vinci. He was too anxious to wait anyways and the money was burning in his hands. He also bought a Tikka T3 SS Syth. Sck. 22-250 varmit wirth a Burris 3-9x40 matte scope. Got a better deal buying two guns. We are also going Coyote hunting Oct.2. We are going Duck hunting Oct.1 opening day. And Duck hunting again on the 3rd and so on.. and so on... and so on...

I own both the SBE II and the Vinci. They are both remarkable guns and I like them both. When I was hearing the talk about how ugly the Vinci was I told myself I just have to have one of them. I used it for dove hunting and what I will say is an ugly gun turned quite beutifull to say the least. I shoot nothing bigger than 3" ever therfore the Vinci is it. I really enjoyed the Vinci and it caughed out everything it was fed with ease. I also shot it with great results. It is one of those guns that just braught a smile to my face. In my eyes the Vinci is the hands down choice "period":D

I own both the SBE II and the Vinci. They are both remarkable guns and I like them both. When I was hearing the talk about how ugly the Vinci was I told myself I just have to have one of them. I used it for dove hunting and what I will say is an ugly gun turned quite beutifull to say the least. I shoot nothing bigger than 3" ever therfore the Vinci is it. I really enjoyed the Vinci and it caughed out everything it was fed with ease. I also shot it with great results. It is one of those guns that just braught a smile to my face. In my eyes the Vinci is the hands down choice "period":D

yup both great guns but the vinci has just that extra that makes it come allitle ahead of the others, and again exactly right 3" is all thats needed

mudhen, how did you break the two stocks...

By shooting the gun :)

First one blew up in my hands - early stock - 1990 or so.

They replaced it at no charge, but the second one broke too, even with the metal retaining band they stamped in.

Other than maybe a rifle or two, I'll likely never buy another wood stocked gun again...

This week I shot sporting clays with my two buddies. One has the Vinci (first time out with it) and the other a Cordoba...finally a side by side test to help me make my decision. They are both awesome guns with very little recoil. The Vinci was definitely lighter but the issue came with cycling 1 oz. loads. Unfortunately the Vinci would not cycle the second shell and my buddy was quite embarrassed each time the second clay fell to the ground without a shot. We went out the next day and he brought 1 1/8 oz. and the Vinci handled them with no issues. Needless to say, I ordered the Cordoba on Friday. I loved shooting the Vinci but it made me a little nervous when it wouldn't cycle. Benelli's website does say to use nothing less than 1 1/8 in its 12 ga. shotguns, but the Cordoba had no problem. I can see myself getting a Vinci but probably want to wait until it is a little more proven.

Any Inertia Driven actions can give you a hard time with loads less than 1 1/8oz. You need that pressure build-up from the load itself to make the cycle. It's called the law of Inertia. You were lucky to get the Cordoba to cycle less than 1 1/8oz with no issues, specially with the ported Barrel models. If you want something that will feed less than 1 1/8oz, I believe you need to with a gas system.:cool:

Edited by jonesbb630

This week I shot sporting clays with my two buddies. One has the Vinci (first time out with it) and the other a Cordoba...finally a side by side test to help me make my decision. They are both awesome guns with very little recoil. The Vinci was definitely lighter but the issue came with cycling 1 oz. loads. Unfortunately the Vinci would not cycle the second shell and my buddy was quite embarrassed each time the second clay fell to the ground without a shot. We went out the next day and he brought 1 1/8 oz. and the Vinci handled them with no issues. Needless to say, I ordered the Cordoba on Friday. I loved shooting the Vinci but it made me a little nervous when it wouldn't cycle. Benelli's website does say to use nothing less than 1 1/8 in its 12 ga. shotguns, but the Cordoba had no problem. I can see myself getting a Vinci but probably want to wait until it is a little more proven.
well now that cant be right did he properly oil and clean the vinci first? and always shoot 4 or 5 boxes of 1 1/8th and then go to 1 once, if he still has the problem flood the inerita system with oil " spray about half can oil on it" and then just wipe off exes oil after but let some sink in it, that will 110% fix the problem

well now that cant be right did he properly oil and clean the vinci first? and always shoot 4 or 5 boxes of 1 1/8th and then go to 1 once, if he still has the problem flood the inerita system with oil " spray about half can oil on it" and then just wipe off exes oil after but let some sink in it, that will 110% fix the problem

It sounds like you need to buy a case of oil, and a funnell before you breakin your new Vinci. LOL... Is this a one shot deal with the oil flooding? I would hope so. Are you sure you don't use a special kind of shell? For all you Benelli shooters with Inertia systems, if you have a specific brand that works well bellow 1 1/8 oz, by all means, please share with us...:D

It sounds like you need to buy a case of oil, and a funnell before you breakin your new Vinci. LOL... Is this a one shot deal with the oil flooding? I would hope so. Are you sure you don't use a special kind of shell? For all you Benelli shooters with Inertia systems, if you have a specific brand that works well bellow 1 1/8 oz, by all means, please share with us...:D[/quote

im serius! sounds dumb but it works its just walmart gun oil and just spray the heck outa it I did the same to my old wingmaster that wasnt pumping smooth enough now its smooth or smoother than a super nova, just one of my dads old tricks it works I did the same to my buddies sbe 2 we just sprayed the heck outa the action and now it cycles one ounce fine he hasnt had a prob in like a month, by the way he thought it was stupid too now he dont:cool: