My Brand New Benelli Nova wont extract the shells

jsc2000

Okay so yesterday I bought a Brand new Benelli Nova from acadamy and took it home. Pulled it out of the box and put the barrel in. After that wanted to see how everything would work so I put on loaded shell in the weapon and pumped the shotgun. So far so good, then pumped again to extract the shell and then it just stayed in the weapon. decided to loda three more shells in to force the extraction and then it wouldnt extract any of them, just got stuck so had to stick my hand in there and pull them all out manually.....have you heard of this before....still have not fired the weapon yet either

That is correct I am not using the button, for some reason the guy at the counter of Acadamy was telling me that button was used for putting bigger shells in the weapon to hunt Geese and Turkey..lol. Then he kept on cocking the weapon with the barrel off and looking in the chamber.

That is weird. I would make sure that the bbl. is on all the way, seated in the receiver, and make sure that there is an extractor on the bolt face, If the gun is new and you can't make it work, either show it to someone that may figure it out or take it back. I'm sure other Nova owners will help you as well.. Stay tuned..

You must hit the button to cycle rounds, or even load one from the magazine into the chamber. Unless the button you are referring to is the one on the pump...you are being really confusing. You MUST push in the flat metal button near the trigger guard in order to pump the shotgun, load in the first round or to cycle rounds. Once you fire your Nova you will be able to extract the spent shell and load the next shell. Please explain the problem better by rewording. I can further help you if you have a detailed reply.

Thank you Tyson and thank everyone else for all the info they gave. So after better looking at the weapon it looks like the guy at Acadamy poppped out the extraction pin when he was trying to show me the weapon, so i got lucky and took it back and got it exchanged. I know getting this exchanged usually doesnt happen but he had to check the security camera to make sure we were being honest and then switched the weapons out....the new one is good to go...thanks Guys