Finally a Benalli Owner, I Got a M4!

flya727

After much looking and price shopping, I landed my first Benelli, an all black M4. Is a standard 11707. But just from reading posts here for a few days I have learned that mine is a 2008 model (CC on the barrel), and it is a 2 port barrel and it has the 3 position recoil rod if I would ever put on a collapsing stock!

I got mine from a shop in Arkansas this week, NIB except for a small scratch on the left of receiver, for $1095 + 35 shipping!

One question for a newbie. My ghost ring sights have the kind of night sights that will glow if you charge them with a light source, is this standard on all M4's? I tried to post a few pics, but I guess I need a few more posts. Well it is a standard black M4 with a few extra's I added, will post when I can. Thanks for the forum

Rick

After much looking and price shopping, I landed my first Benelli, an all black M4. Is a standard 11707. But just from reading posts here for a few days I have learned that mine is a 2008 model (CC on the barrel), and it is a 2 port barrel and it has the 3 position recoil rod if I would ever put on a collapsing stock!

I got mine from a shop in Arkansas this week, NIB except for a small scratch on the left of receiver, for $1095 + 35 shipping!

One question for a newbie. My ghost ring sights have the kind of night sights that will glow if you charge them with a light source, is this standard on all M4's? I tried to post a few pics, but I guess I need a few more posts. Well it is a standard black M4 with a few extra's I added, will post when I can. Thanks for the forum

Rick

Congrats on the new benelli, where in AR did you buy your M4?

One question for a newbie. My ghost ring sights have the kind of night sights that will glow if you charge them with a light source, is this standard on all M4's?

Rick

Welcome Flya, Yeah, I wasn't real impressed with the stock night sights and replaced mine right away with the Meprolights. They're nice and bright tritiums. You'll want a 5.5mm wrench to change out the front post.

Thanks for the warm welcom,I live in Florida, but bought it from Bullseye Guns and Ammo. I will have to look up the city, but nice people.

Any M4 owners out there have the same ghost ring sights as mine (night sights that have to be charged)? I am thinking of getting a Meprolight front sight only night sight, as the rear only distracts me.

I have the Mepro front on my HK MP5K and really like the transaction speed in low light, I live in a very semi rual area. So I have lights on and around my house but no street lights if you know what I mean.

Thanks,

Rick

Mine just had white painted dots. They didn't glow. But mine are older. A 11703 model. The rear tritium isn't meant to use to align the three dots. It's meant to give you a visual reference to where the rear ghost ring is. When you're face is indexed, you can't really see the rear. This is why the meprolights rear dots are so small.