Best way to touch up scratches on M4 barrel

MeanGreen

picture.php?albumid=32&pictureid=110

"Boeshield T-9 is a heavy-duty, rust and corrosion preventive developed by The Boeing Company for lubrication and protection of aircraft components. Specially formulated combination of solvents, waxes and lubricants coats and protects smooth and porous metals from rust and corrosion. Displaces moisture and lubricates at the same time. Dries to a thin, waxy film that will not harm paints, plastics and vinyls. Not easily removed once dried; requires mineral spirits or degreaser. For firearms applications requiring better than average protection against moisture indoors and outdoors. Good choice for long-term exposure to salt-air environments, areas with high humidity or extreme wetness. Available in 4 oz. and 1 gal. containers, 4 oz. and 12 oz. spray aerosol cans."

Edited by ShadowShooter

You may want to try this:

Super Black Touch-Up Pens

15101_sml.jpgAn easy and effective way to touch-up nicks, scratches and worn areas of black anodized aluminum or black painted surfaces. The pen contains a fast drying, lead-free paint with superior adhesion and durability that helps fill in deep scratches or worn areas. These special formulations are for use on highly polished and matte finished alloy gun receivers, trigger guards, scopes, binoculars, cameras, flashlights, fishing reels and other sporting accessories. Use like a marking pen with no mess – simply rub on with “chisel point” felt tip.

Product #DescriptionPriceOrder15101 -BPPSUPER BLACK Touch-Up Pen (Gloss) - 1/3 fl oz $7.50 15102 -BPPFSUPER BLACK Touch-Up Pen (Flat) - 1/3 fl oz $7.50

You may want to try this:

Super Black Touch-Up Pens

15101_sml.jpgAn easy and effective way to touch-up nicks, scratches and worn areas of black anodized aluminum or black painted surfaces. The pen contains a fast drying, lead-free paint with superior adhesion and durability that helps fill in deep scratches or worn areas. These special formulations are for use on highly polished and matte finished alloy gun receivers, trigger guards, scopes, binoculars, cameras, flashlights, fishing reels and other sporting accessories. Use like a marking pen with no mess – simply rub on with “chisel point” felt tip.

Product #DescriptionPriceOrder15101 -BPPSUPER BLACK Touch-Up Pen (Gloss) - 1/3 fl oz $7.50 15102 -BPPFSUPER BLACK Touch-Up Pen (Flat) - 1/3 fl oz $7.50

Thanks for this!!!

Would this also work for dings and scratches on the receiver? I got a NIB M4 but it can with a nice "ding" in the receiver that shows bare metal. I did get the gun for $1095.00, so I am not feeling to bad about touching it up.

Anyone try Alumihyde II on their M4, good or no good.

Thanks,

Rick

Would this also work for dings and scratches on the receiver? I got a NIB M4 but it can with a nice "ding" in the receiver that shows bare metal. I did get the gun for $1095.00, so I am not feeling to bad about touching it up.

Anyone try Alumihyde II on their M4, good or no good.

Thanks,

Rick