A stupid question

mark29860

hello fellas, after writing several post on here about gun fit and shims the problem might be me. When you mount your gun as if you are shooting a bird what are you supposed to see. I can close my eyes mount my gun as if i'm pointing at a bird when I open my eyes I see the bead and the top of the rib all the way down and most of the time I see the left side of the barrel. Thanks for the help

hello fellas, after writing several post on here about gun fit and shims the problem might be me. When you mount your gun as if you are shooting a bird what are you supposed to see. I can close my eyes mount my gun as if i'm pointing at a bird when I open my eyes I see the bead and the top of the rib all the way down and most of the time I see the left side of the barrel. Thanks for the help

Sounds like you are right handed and looking with your left eye, try shutting your left eye and only opening your right eye. I had the same problem, its called cross dominance. Its where you are right handed and your left eye is either just as dominant as the right, or the dominant eye is your left eye.

Get your manual and look at the page about the stock mounting plate. It may need to be reversed to get the barrel cant pointed in a more suitable direction for you.