Benelli Nova Shotgun Front Bead Removal

Stopher

Hi all- I have a 12ga Benelli Nova which I would like to remove the front bead on- except the front bead is a hi-viz front site (came that way out of the box).

Normally beads are just screwed in but I am hesitant to try and twist the sight off in case it's not just screwed in but welded or attached some other way. I'd kill myself if I twisted it and it broke off, leaving some sort of sharp edge etc.

Opinions?

For what it does it would be no huge loss if it were thrown away once you took it off!! I installed a HI-Viz Bird Pipe that comes with 4 or 5 different colored light pipes which you can actually see! The original is too small and black & red and is hard to see unless it's really bright outside!

http://www.hivizsights.com/Shotgun-Sights-C1.aspx

The fiber optic material it is made out of is brittle so if you dont want to damage it use a cloth and don't squeeze to hard if you use pliers.

You are being a little loose with the term fiber optic. Even though it is huge, it takes more than ambient light to make it easy to see. Compare it to any true fiber optic and the difference is easy to see. Pun intended..:D

You are being a little loose with the term fiber optic. Even though it is huge, it takes more than ambient light to make it easy to see. Compare it to any true fiber optic and the difference is easy to see. Pun intended..:D

I think it is fiber optic. I don't completely understand fiber optics, but I know they draw in light and concentrate it at 2 points where it is cut. So I am assuming it draws all the light in from every where but the two ends where it is cut. The "frame" around the bead that holds it on covers up surface area, and it is very short in length giving extremely little surface area where it needs it. All that means it draws in very little light and shines ever so slightly. If you have a really long fiber optic sight like the champion easy hit you know it shines like a lazer. Bow sights that wrap fiber optic around the sight are that way so it has the most surface area possible to draw in light. Just because it doesn't shine doesn't mean it isn't fiber optic.