Some difference between Nova and SuperNova questions

fireroad

Hi all! Looking to buy my first Benelli and before I drive 4 hrs to the closest dealer I had a few "Nova vs SuperNova". From what I can gather from the website..

1. The SuperNova has the comfort tech stock which comes with the additional check and recoil pads. I have heard the comfortech stock really reduces recoil but I have also heard the gel is hard as rock like Beretta's. I usually chuck the stock recoil pad on all my guns for either a pre-fit limbsaver or Kickeez. Is the pad and cheek piece the only benefit to the comfot tech stock?

2. Are the frames, barrels and internals all the same ..or same design?

3. The Nova has a slimmer forearm, while the SuperNova has a different trigger guard?

4. What else am I missing. Anyone buy a Nova and wish they got the SuperNova, or vice versa?

This will be my "duck gun mud all-weather abuse" shotgun. Right now I'm leaning towards a Nova with limbsaver, not sure if I want a 26 or 28" bbl as I have heard the 26" swing like a remington 870 28"

Hi all! Looking to buy my first Benelli and before I drive 4 hrs to the closest dealer I had a few "Nova vs SuperNova". From what I can gather from the website..

1. The SuperNova has the comfort tech stock which comes with the additional check and recoil pads. I have heard the comfortech stock really reduces recoil but I have also heard the gel is hard as rock like Beretta's. I usually chuck the stock recoil pad on all my guns for either a pre-fit limbsaver or Kickeez. Is the pad and cheek piece the only benefit to the comfot tech stock?

3. The Nova has a slimmer forearm, while the SuperNova has a different trigger guard?

4. What else am I missing. Anyone buy a Nova and wish they got the SuperNova, or vice versa?

This will be my "duck gun mud all-weather abuse" shotgun. Right now I'm leaning towards a Nova with limbsaver, not sure if I want a 26 or 28" bbl as I have heard the 26" swing like a remington 870 28"

Hello and welcome to the forum. The difference between the nova and super nova, are the comfortech and the trigger guard. I also believe the super nova has a thicker layer of the plastic material on the receiver. The super nova's stock compared to a semi auto benelli, is the hardness of the gel. The comb aka cheek piece is much harder, and the recoil pad is slightly harder. I have owned a super nova and currently own an M2 so I can tell the difference. I also have an 870 that has a similar weight to the super nova and notice negligable difference in recoil. The super nova has a bigger trigger guard that allows more room for heavily insulated gloves. The super nova has a shim kit included with it which allows you to adjust point of impact aka POI. The shims allow you to adjust how much you "float" the bird or how far under the bird you have to aim. You can adjust POI on the nova by adding something such as mole skin but it is time consuming to get it right, and doesn't look very good. If the price difference isn't a big factor I would go for the super nova because it looks better and allows room for heavily insulated gloves and is easy to adjust POI. They share the same barrels, internals, and and fore arm. They are both great guns and they wont disappoint you.

I have both.

Recoil= about the same

Feel= almost the same

Price= the super is about 100 buck more

Is it worth it? I don't know. The shims are nice on the super but I don't have a POA problem with my Nova. The bigger trigger guard is nice but I've never had a problem getting my finger is the guard. The comb adjustment is cool but I don't use it. The one thing I do use on the super is the optional steadygrip because I use it for turkey hunting.

So is worth it?

SuperNova all the way! Rock Solid, love it in every application you can imagine and than some! Clays, upland, turkey, deer, etc. Lots of fun and it's only a little more. I have dragged mine through **** and back, hitting it off trees and all kinds of crap, the gun took it with a smile and asked for more. Have fun out there and don't regret not getting the Super version of the Nova :D

It's a shame you can't shim the Nova as the comfort tech and larger trigger doesn't sound like it's worth it. That being said, I don't think I've ever messed with the shims on any of my Berettas.

Anyone normally shoot 28 in bbls and go with the 26?

1. No, the SuperNova comes with shims so you can adjust the drop and length of pull on the stock. The Nova's stock and receiver are all one piece. You can change stocks on the SuperNova and put on a SteadyGrip, if you ever want to. With the Nova, it will always be what it is.

2. The SuperNova has a slightly different receiver (probably just cosmetic). The big difference is the SuperNova is moduler (you can remove the stock), while the Nova the stock and receiver are one piece. The bolt, barrel, etc. are the same. The trigger housing is different on the two guns.

3. The forearm on both guns is the same.

4. I'd spend the extra money and get the SuperNova. It's more flexible, given the modular nature of it, and you don't give up any of the features of the Nova. It's worth the $100 in my mind.

-Andrew

I got to shoulder (but not shoot) both models today. To me the Nova seemed to shoulder better and swing smoother than the supernova. The nova felt lighter, but since they are the same weight I guess I should say it felt better balanced. I liked the slightly thinner receiver as well. Not impressed with the recoil pad on either gun, wished the came with the gel pads that the higher end auto's have....but not willing to pay $95 for a recoil pad:eek:. I'm going to look at them again tomorrow, but I think the Nova will fit the bill for me.

• 9 years later...
  • 1 month later...