crow hunting

chop123

I know this is kind of off base,but does anyone do any crow shooting?I have an electric caller and a manual call,i have hunted them for about four years,did pretty good early,but now they have gotten really smart can only one to come in one sitting.There are still tons of them around,they will come and sit in a tree about 300 yards out.I have a crow fighting,crow and hawk fighting,and crow and owl tape

We do it from time to time.

If we're hunting ducks or geese and the action is slow, I'll call them in for a volley.

Somehow along the way in my life, I learned to do the fighting/dying crow and owl by mouth.

I can't sustain it for any more than five or six minutes, but that's usually enough to get them swarming overhead.

I know this is kind of off base,but does anyone do any crow shooting?I have an electric caller and a manual call,i have hunted them for about four years,did pretty good early,but now they have gotten really smart can only one to come in one sitting.There are still tons of them around,they will come and sit in a tree about 300 yards out.I have a crow fighting,crow and hawk fighting,and crow and owl tape

Can you throw out some old meat or some bait? If so throw it into a field about 20-30 yards off the tree line (You will be sitting on the tree line), use a general crow call, and when they come in for dinner...well you know the rest.

Or you could just change your hunting location. You taught the flock your tricks.

Good luck

Crow hunting is a really fun way to spend some time outdoors! It takes me back to the early days of my youth, where I wanted to kill everything under the sun to prove to the oldtimers in my gang that I could hang with them!:p

I remember making decoys out of cardboard, magic marker, and popsicle sticks, and using my old Lohmans crow call to bring them in. I'd get them whipped into a frenzy and they would just stand on different limbs of an oak tree cawing at each other. They would be so worked up, that they didn't notice birds falling one by one to my Remington pump .22, that was shooting CCI CB's. lol