New M4 issue

aquatimer

I am new to the forum but not to Benelli.I have owned quite a few and have had great luck with all of them.The M4 I just picked-up had the bolt handle installed(the manual suggests that the bolt handle comes unassembled and needs to be installed).The problem is I have tried with all my might(even wearing sticky rubber faced gloves) and it still will not budge.

I called Benelli and they kept insisting that a shoestring works and I agreed for the other style bolt handles on my M1,SBE,etc...They did not seemed to be aware the the M4 bolt handle requires a twist before you can pull it out.Any advise?

Thanks in advance,

John

I honestly cannot remember if mine was installed or not. I think it was loose, as the gun was broke down to fit in the box. I'm wondering if someone released the bolt with the barrel detached and the bolt handle slammed into the front of the receiver. Is it sticking straight out at 90 degrees or is it swept back a bit? You might try knocking it around a bit with a non-marring hammer, wooden handle, or something else that will not mar the finish. If you bought it new can you take it back to the dealer before you start wailing on it? I know they can be hard to pull out but I think they should spin.