Just Bought Nova - Missing a Choke

cinnnamon

I purchased a Nova on Saturday and just realized yesterday that it only had two chokes with it, and I know it was supposed to come with three.

It was the display model at the store which is how I assume this must have happened.

I was wondering if anyone knows which chokes come with the Nova so I know what I am needing when I go back to the store tomorrow.

I am not trying to make you sound stupid, but is the third choke in the gun?

Haha no i understand, it needed to be asked.

But I am in fact counting the choke in the barrell as one of my two. I have the IC in the barrell and the M in the little canister in the box. So I guess that leave me missing the full choke.

If you need a Modified or full. PM me with your address and I'll send you one.

Thanks! I actually called the store today and they said to bring my gun and box by tomorrow and we can 'figure things out'. Hopefully that means they will fix the problem without a lot of hassle, though I have found from reading some local forums that this store is not well liked by the shooting community to say the least. I will go in tomorrow morning to see if it can get figured out easily, but if not I will probably go ahead and take you up on your offer.

Thanks Everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a 20 gauge nova pump today got home after the store closed and kinda got the same question. What is the gun supposed to come with. I got one in the gun and 2 in the box. I'm at work and can't remember which ones it came with but I don't think there was a full one in there. My main concern is I got the proper amount of chokes not so much which ones. Also whats with the button on the pump? I didn't see anything in the manual but the web site says it's to clear shells with out chambering ( I think) I'm not new to guns so I know what its purpose is just didn't see how it works and I'm at work so I can't "play" with it...

The Nova comes with three chokes. Full, Modified, and Imp. Cyl. The button on the forearm, when depressed, allows you to eject the shell that is in the chamber, without bringing the next one up out of the magazine tube. This would be for crossing a fence or if you wanted to put a heavier load in for one shot at a goose or other bird. Hope this helps, and welcome to the world of Benelli...