Kookoo for collapsible stocks

HK-HUNKER

Wow, I had a few leads the last few months on here, Ebay and GB to pick one up for $700ish and now look how crazy these thing are being bid up on GB for http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=140853793

They are nice to have, but at these prices I can get a decent quality AR or pistol with an accessory or two. I know the market sets the price, but it might be getting a little out of hand and it's almost the price of an ounce of gold(for plastic) no way.

That really boggles me also. If and when a manufacturer jumps on producing a quality rival to Benelli, I sure wouldn't want to be the bagholder of a $900 stock when others makes are selling at 1/3 the price and also have more bell and whisltes added to them(if possible). I should have jumped on the one I see on Ebay 2 months ago that sold for $600, but even that was hard to suck up to.

That really boggles me also. If and when a manufacturer jumps on producing a quality rival to Benelli, I sure wouldn't want to be the bagholder of a $900 stock when others makes are selling at 1/3 the price and also have more bell and whisltes added to them(if possible). I should have jumped on the one I see on Ebay 2 months ago that sold for $600, but even that was hard to suck up to.

I doubt we'll ever see a $300 substitute (or even less than $500) for the factory collapsible stock due to the large investment required to get something like that going (in the $50k range, if not more). Even that shorter LOP fixed stock Mesa Tactical is working on looks like it will cost in the $500 range.

Sukhoi_fan,

Mitch on the Mesa thread said that the Urbino fixed grip pistol grip stock will be between $130-$170. Which I thought was surprising, but I won't argue with, if that's that they want to sell them for.

I doubt we'll ever see a $300 substitute (or even less than $500) for the factory collapsible stock due to the large investment required to get something like that going (in the $50k range, if not more). Even that shorter LOP fixed stock Mesa Tactical is working on looks like it will cost in the $500 range.