Performance Shop SBE II Turkey Edition

wingshooter17

Everyone - you MUST check out this new gun Benelli just added. I was surfing their site and I spotted this sweet piece of hardware. Benelli took the regular SBE II and completely decked it out. You get both the steady grip stock and the comfortech stock along with a Burris fastfire red dot. From what I read so much went into this thing, I can't wait to see first hand how it performs. I wouldnt be suprised if you could pop a Tom out to 50 or more yards.

First it was the new Vinci they came out with and now its this. All I have to say is that I'm not gonna have any cash left over. I want it all!!:cool:

Check it out and left me know what you guys think!

I can pop a Tom at 50+ yards with my stock Nova. I thought the new SBE II was pretty cool til I saw the price tag.

2729.00 MSRP. The MSRP for a camo SBEII is 1759.00

Thats almost 1000.00 bucks more!! And what do you get?

Steadygrip- Once a year there is a rebate for these= free

barrel porting- Briley says 95.00 bucks+shipping= 120.00

extended turkey choke- most high priced choke= 100.00

burris fastfire- =200.00

= 320.00 and thats pushin it. Even if you add in the steadygrip. 150.00 bucks. Still half what there selling it for.

I'll pass.

I can pop a Tom at 50+ yards with my stock Nova. I thought the new SBE II was pretty cool til I saw the price tag.

burris fastfire- =200.00

= 320.00 and thats pushin it. Even if you add in the steadygrip. 150.00 bucks. Still half what there selling it for.

I'll pass.

I can see what you're saying. But there are other additional factors that we both havent mentioned that will raise the cost even more. Also, as a quick correction..the custom work is done by turkey phenom Rob Roberts not Briley.

Here are some things I found out:

• They do EDM porting - electrical discharge machine - it basically burns the holes in instead of drilling them. From what I've read its better for the barrel.

• You have a custom turkey choke called the Triple Threat #3 from Rob Roberts.

• They lengthen and polish the forcing cone.

• Trigger work was done which eliminates the creeping you find in most guns.

• And what I think is really impressive is the fact that the custom gunsmith goes to the extent of performing a computerized pattern testing for each individual gun. He puts various loads through it from different ammo companies and attaches a print out of the target recommending the specific load that gun liked best.

With all that being said...I still think you are getting a great deal. Yes, it can be pricey for the average person...but if you go to a custom gunsmith and have all the things we have both mentioned done to a gun you already own I'm almost positive it will cost you more than the extra cost of a standard SBE II.

I can see what you're saying. But there are other additional factors that we both havent mentioned that will raise the cost even more. Also, as a quick correction..the custom work is done by turkey phenom Rob Roberts not Briley.

Here are some things I found out:

• They do EDM porting - electrical discharge machine - it basically burns the holes in instead of drilling them. From what I've read its better for the barrel.

• You have a custom turkey choke called the Triple Threat #3 from Rob Roberts.

• They lengthen and polish the forcing cone.

• Trigger work was done which eliminates the creeping you find in most guns.

• And what I think is really impressive is the fact that the custom gunsmith goes to the extent of performing a computerized pattern testing for each individual gun. He puts various loads through it from different ammo companies and attaches a print out of the target recommending the specific load that gun liked best.

With all that being said...I still think you are getting a great deal. Yes, it can be pricey for the average person...but if you go to a custom gunsmith and have all the things we have both mentioned done to a gun you already own I'm almost positive it will cost you more than the extra cost of a standard SBE II.

Even still, I don't think I would buy if I shot 15 turkeys every year. I could buy a bunch of guns for that. But hey, if its your favor, Sweet!.:)

For 2700 bucks it better be able to call turkeys for me and wake me when a turkey comes in and I have fallen asleep. I am sure it is a jam up set up but sorry it does not shoot any better than mine gun and I am sure than most of yours if you done your home work. To much money for any shotgun.

Hey wingshooter since you are obviously pressing how great of a deal it is have you bought one yet? If not why not as you said it is a great deal

Well buddy when you get that gun please shoot it a few times and post pics so us po folfs can see what we all are missing in ausch a high dollar set up. Then when it comes turkey season us po folks will post pics of what our cheaper set ups can do and you wanna bet our set ups will kill atleast the same or more than a fancy over priced set up from Benelli.

One thing you forgot to mention is that they are really only testing Federal FC ammo with it. To me that just is not good enough. Guess each his own but a 1000 dollars more than the stock product is to much for 400 dollars worth of work. I guess if people are lazy and don't want to do the work in pattern a gun or finding the right shell choke combo this might be the thing to do. Knda makes it easy I guess but it is satisfying doing all the leg work on your own.

burris fastfire- =200.00

I'll pass.

The steadygrip stock comes with it also free as a extra. WOW kinda makes me wanna by it now. Oh wait not a chance.

flhawghuntr - Yes I have bought one. It is on order right now and should be here in the next week or so. A Benelli Rep was visiting a local gun shop and had a sample model on him that I was able to check out. It is a great deal and I wouldnt have gotten one if it wasnt worth the money.

You may have to change your name from Wingshooter17 to Headshooter17 if the gun is as good as you claim :)

burris fastfire- =200.00

I'll pass.

Plus they put real comfort tech in the SBE it is just there for looks in the super nova, but Im with you, my stock 870 camo super mag will do everything that gun will do, but if I really had plenty of money sitting around, that would be my new turkey gun. Congrats on the new gun.

I basically have one already, with a much better sight.....the Docter, the original open reflex; plus mine is mounted in a much nicer way, direct mounted with a Burris 336 direct mount base, which eliminates the weaver rail and weaver base, makes the whole setup more than twice as light and mounts closer to the receiver, not to mention it looks a lot cleaner.

Just need to get the port job, already have all the other mods, plus some xtra stuff, like custom sling stud, and limbsaver pad to replace (hard as rock) steadygrip shoulder pad.

DSC00603.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

Edited by rehh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...