non-ported barrel for M2 Practical model

davaodoc

I purchased a Benelli M2 practical model. When it arrived I was suprised to find it had a ported barrel.

is there a non-ported, non-ribbed 22-24 inch barrel available for the M2 practical model that I can purchase?

thanks in advance for any advice

You can get the non ported 24 inch barrels, but if you don't want a rib you will have to get a rifled slug barrel and use rifle sights.

I purchased a Benelli M2 practical model. When it arrived I was suprised to find it had a ported barrel.

is there a non-ported, non-ribbed 22-24 inch barrel available for the M2 practical model that I can purchase?

thanks in advance for any advice

This may be a dumb question, but if you don't mind dumb questions... what puts you off about the ported barrel?

C

Thanks. Is the rifled slug barrel purely just for slugs? or is there a groove for chokes?

I am pretty sure it is a fixed choke barrel, and the riffling will make your shot spin and have a doughnut effect meaning it spreads out in a ring with a hole in the middle, If you ever want to shoot any kind of shot that isn't a slug than you should either have 2 barrels or a smooth bore.