Wood Duck Call

Drake18

I rely on my wood duck call to steer birds my way after they are frightened by others shooting at them. Just last week, I was able to kill several Woody's by giving short bursts of Flying Whines or "Do Whips" after they survived the gauntlet of blasting my friends put on them on the other end of the swamp. I don't so much try to make them land in my lap as I do to pull them in range, with the belief that their friends have found a safe hole to escape to. Working narrow choke points in flooded timber with a little open water close by, helps with the illusion. By the time they figure it out, my steel is already on it's way!

I would suggest the Quaker Boy Woody Wood Duck call, if you want to make it happen!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Impaigup73

I been making and putting boxs out for three years now.This year i put out three more wood duck boxes two mallard tube and three geese structure.I like watching them getting used dont mind taking care of them it just a way of giving something back to the waterfowl.To keep them seperated i put some woodie boxes along the edge of the woods near the ponds.I want to thank everyone here thats putting boxes out it helps allot and makes a person feel good.