M2 vs SuperSport

wfolds

The short answer is no. The SuperSport is designed for Sporting Clays. It's ported, has extended quick change chokes, and looks very cool. I have a 12 ga SBEII and a 20 ga SuperSport II. I like both guns very much, but they have different uses. The SBEII is my duck gun and, eventually, my turkey gun. I use the SuperSport for pheasant and clays. It is a great pheasant gun holding 5 shells and it shoots steel 20 ga loads extremely well (steel is needed for pheasant in ND and Iowa). I owned a camo M1 and it was a very nice gun. However, the SBEII and SuperSport seem to work better for me. If the M2 feels good, buy it. No pressing need to spend twice as much on a SuperSport. The SS does have one advantage over the M1. The chamber comes apart in two pieces, similar to the SBEII and makes cleaning very easy. This is important if you are shooting 100's of rounds at clays.

You should also look at the Vinci. It's priced in between the M2 and the SuperSport. My hunting buddy just bought a camo 12 ga Vinci and it is a sweet gun. Very light and easy to disassemble for cleaning. No reason that Benelli could not produce a 20 ga barrel for a 12 ga Vinci. He is actually hitting ducks with this gun, a definite advantage over what he used to shoot. Steel loads through a Belgian A5 with a fixed full choke.

Edited by BlackDogs3

Guest McDaddy

Of course I'm not one to just jump out there and buy one or two or three...:D, but if I were you, I would look at the SBE and Cordoba for sale on this site. The SBE is priced right and the Cordoba is a steal at $1275.

I am framiliar with the M2 since I have one in 20 gauge. In order to purchase the Supersport I would need to sell the 20. The M2 12 gauge is from Dicks Sporting Goods and is new in the box with a full set of chokes and case. I am not sure it is worth selling the 20 in order to purchase a Supersport. That is why I wanted to know if anyone felt the Supersport was worth twice the cost of the M2.

I am framiliar with the M2 since I have one in 20 gauge. In order to purchase the Supersport I would need to sell the 20. The M2 12 gauge is from Dicks Sporting Goods and is new in the box with a full set of chokes and case. I am not sure it is worth selling the 20 in order to purchase a Supersport. That is why I wanted to know if anyone felt the Supersport was worth twice the cost of the M2.

The Cordoba is another good option it is a super sport with a darker matte hunting finish. Are you talking about a normal M2 with comfortech or the american M2? That sounds like a steal I paid just under $1000 for my M2 camo and it was new in an opened box. That sounds like a steal for an M2 field.

Guest McDaddy

A couple of issues: if you have to sell your M2 20 then the SuperSport is going to be more than twice as much in the long run. I'm not trying to sell the gun nor do I even know the guy but the Cordoba is a great gun. If you are just looking for a 12ga, we might work a trade on a new Montefeltro I just purchased.

The old saying if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. Went to Dicks to pick up the M2 and found out that the one for $900.00 was a 26" non Compfort Tech stock model. If I wanted the correct gun it would have to be ordered and would cost $1200.00. Buyer be ware!!!

Guest McDaddy

Ah...the American Model M2; still an M2 but you are right, no comfort tech stock. Of course you could look at it this way; a Limbsaver recoil pad will cost you $40 and make the gun a lot less recoil sensitive. That's still $260 bucks cheaper!

The M2 american is a good gun without the comfortech, but you won't be able to sell it for much it is basically an M1. Go look for a used one in good condition the benellis are very durable and one that is slightly used is as good as new. I buy most of my guns new in an opened box or with less than 100 rounds through it. I paid under $1000 for a camo M2 with all the factory parts like the oil and five chokes and and hard case and trigger lock. It didn't have a mark on it. Given time looking at forums, gunbroker, gunsamerica, and local pawn shops you can find great deals.

Shot in a NSCA shoot today and had the chance to shoot a friends Beretta 686 Sport. He is thinking of selling it and I think the price would come in at @ $1500 with a full set of ported tubes (good price or not?). I liked it and shot it fairly well, but the only thing that concerns me is the stock hits my cheek when I shoot it. It didn't bother me with the couple of stations I shot, but was wondering if it would present a problem on a 200 bird shoot. I don't have this problem with my M2 20 gauge and I am wondering if I should consider this Beretta or look at a Cordoba which was my first choice before shooting the Beretta. Help!!

Shot in a NSCA shoot today and had the chance to shoot a friends Beretta 686 Sport. He is thinking of selling it and I think the price would come in at @ $1500 with a full set of ported tubes (good price or not?). I liked it and shot it fairly well, but the only thing that concerns me is the stock hits my cheek when I shoot it. It didn't bother me with the couple of stations I shot, but was wondering if it would present a problem on a 200 bird shoot. I don't have this problem with my M2 20 gauge and I am wondering if I should consider this Beretta or look at a Cordoba which was my first choice before shooting the Beretta. Help!!

Sounds like a problem with how the gun fits you. An adjustable but plate will most likely solve the problem.