Winchester WinLite and M4

frolic1

Mine did fine with them, had to hold it tight though. NO room for limp-wristing it.

Mine did fine with the WinLites and I intentionally limp wristed it. I shot it from the hip holding it as loosely as I could (safe and controlled of course) letting it push back freely. It cycled every round that way. I honestly could not induce a failure.

I also tried some low recoil buckshot with the same results. No failures even on the intentional wimpy hold. I have put about 300 rounds of heavy upland bird loads through it first though.

Unobtanium, what was your failure mode? Does the round eject and fail to feed from the magazine?

Edited by OhioM4

Crappy phone photo but these are the WinLite slugs at 75' resting my elbows on the lane rail. First time out with slugs. I'm still learning and practicing. This is the main reason I am a Benelli fan, the gun feels like it shoots itself. I think I put about 300 rounds through my M4 so far.

These are obviously not the shots I took holding it loosely at the hip.

0913091454.jpg

Edited by OhioM4

Mine did fine with the WinLites and I intentionally limp wristed it. I shot it from the hip holding it as loosely as I could (safe and controlled of course) letting it push back freely. It cycled every round that way. I honestly could not induce a failure.

I also tried some low recoil buckshot with the same results. No failures even on the intentional wimpy hold. I have put about 300 rounds of heavy upland bird loads through it first though.

Unobtanium, what was your failure mode? Does the round eject and fail to feed from the magazine?

Firing holding loosely at the hip just enough grip not to drop it, lol. Failure to extract. It was extreme abuse of technique.