Is Anyone Making US Made Trigger/Hammer for M4?

vette447

I would like to know if anyone is making US parts for these shotguns other than handguards, followers, and mag tubes? I think a high quality US made trigger, hammer, and/or disconnector would be a great group of parts to have available for these shotguns. There ought to be some gunsmiths out there that would copy these successfully if there was enough demand. I am new to the M4's but these type US parts have been used on AK's, HK's, and FAL type rifles for awhile to bring them into compliance and still appear true to what the guns should look and how they function.

If trigger parts were available, it would make the Full Length tubes and collapsible stock legal I believe without changing the overall outward appearance of such an elegant gun.

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas?:D

I am also compliant as you are but it would be nice to be able to replace some trigger parts to be able to use the stock handguard and possibly the collapsible stock if wanted. I will send some emails to a few of the good machinist gunsmiths around. Would anyone else be interested if these were to become a possibility?

Would anyone else be interested if these were to become a possibility?

As long as the parts were of high quality, I think there'd be a lot of interest around here. More 922r compliance options=Good. I know some would definitely want to be able to replace enough parts to install a collapsable stock with a FL tube. If I remember correctly Sukhoi Fan was looking into some options with some contacts that he has.

Any updates Sukhoi?

As long as the parts were of high quality, I think there'd be a lot of interest around here. More 922r compliance options=Good. I know some would definitely want to be able to replace enough parts to install a collapsable stock with a FL tube. If I remember correctly Sukhoi Fan was looking into some options with some contacts that he has.

Any updates Sukhoi?

Nothing has panned out so far unfortunately. Still trying but outlook not good atm. Sure would like to try to improve the trigger pull to be more like my 121 M1 which is pretty sweet.

Unfortunately it seems that there is not enough market to make the production of such "one off"' parts profitable, but I may be wrong.

If we were discussing a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500 it might be different. I have acutally considered contracting my local machinist to make some new parts. It all comes down to how much a person is willing to spend.

I hear you on the smaller market for Benelli M4's but I think there is more than one company making 2 shot extensions and full length mag tubes so there must be at least a reasonable market and some money in it. Mind you, I realize the machining time and complexity involved in trigger parts is much higher than in a mag tube. Maybe someone with the proper skills and tools will take an intrest and they will be available before too long.

Edited by vette447
clarity