Obnoxious buddy - Improvements in SBE II over original SBE?

quickbiscuit

Guys, I have a know-it-all buddy that is already trying to lay the groundwork for bashing my new SBE II. He made a point of saying that the original SBE was a "really good gun" and also made a point to not say the same about the SBE II.

What are the major improvements/differences in the SBE II over the original? I need to have plenty of ammo to bury him the next time he decides to have a fit of jealousy.

Thanks!

The SBEII was built on the same base system as the SBE, but with the following improvements & enhancements.

• Crio treated barrel and choke tubes
  • Comfortech Stock
  • Larger trigger guard for improved use with gloves
  • Stainless Steel recoil spring assembly for lower maintenance and prolonged component life
  • Air touch gripping for improved handling in wet and icy conditions

There are probably a few more, but those are the ones I can come up with right now.

You need a new buddy. There's really no need to tolerate an obnoxious dolt as a friend.

I own both the SBE and the SBE ll. I would bash neither of them. Both perform flawlessly.. Having either one in your collection is a good thing! Neither will let you down...

That is the best thing I have heard on this thread yet. Good Job hognutz!:D

You can't bash the SBE just because your getting the SBE II...Why would you want to bash the gun that set the bar so high and made Benelli king......?

Just invite him to a friendly gentlemen's bet where you see who gets the most birds ducks or **** do a target contest. Than your focus is on the user and not those great guns, because hognutz is right, they are both going to perform flawlessly. But will you?:)

My goal wasn't to "bash" the original SBE, but just be able to tell him why the SBE II is better. This guy wants to take away from my new SBE II by saying the original SBE is a better gun.

I know what you mean, and it is a biitch slap when you have one of those "friends" who always has to be a one upper. Ask him this: "Name one thing the SBE has that is better than the SBE II?"

I hate those types of people but we all have friends like that. Like the others commented, he is super jealous that you have the SBE II and he has the SBE. The worst part about the whole thing is that just to one up you he is going to get an one too...and his will be better because he got it for less or such and such came with it.

Give him crap if you want, but that is doing exactly what he wants you to do, and that is to stoop to his level. Have a contest like I said and see who performs better. No one can question results, especially when it comes to clays.

Have fun out there, enjoy your new gun and have a Blast! :D

Great choice by the way with the SBE II.

I happen to love them both.:)

The best part of this is that he doesn't even have a SBE. I think he bought a Beretta last year. He seems to think that being able to shove a 4th round in the magazine tube makes the SBE better. Haha...and I can't beat the **** out of him because 1) he's family (by marriage), and 2) he got one of his buddies to give me a helluva deal on this SBE II. It's a twisted situation...you would just have to know this guy to understand him. I think I know enough about the two SBE models to put him in his place now...

The best part of this is that he doesn't even have a SBE. I think he bought a Beretta last year. He seems to think that being able to shove a 4th round in the magazine tube makes the SBE better. Haha...and I can't beat the **** out of him because 1) he's family (by marriage), and 2) he got one of his buddies to give me a helluva deal on this SBE II. It's a twisted situation...you would just have to know this guy to understand him. I think I know enough about the two SBE models to put him in his place now...

I think ishootkittens was not saying actually beat the **** out of him but was referring to the contest that I suggested.

And if he does not even own a Benelli than who cares what he thinks. He has no place to say anything but +1 to his friend.

Have Fun!