11707 vs. M1014 minute differences

Unobtanium

I am itnerested in the differences, I know the M1014 won't work with a col. stock due to no notches, and I think the barrel has a different profile with no chokes.

Are the recievers the same (minus the recoil-tube)?

Are the handguards the same?

Will the barrel interchange with an 11707 style barrel?

Any other differences I missed?

IF someone has pix of an M1014 reciever, that would be great as a comparison.

you are basically correct. the only differences are the m1014, 1-barrel has no choke. 2-recoil tube has no notches to collapse a stock. 3-the receiver has a flag stamped on it where-as the other does not. and all parts are the same and interchangeable on the 2 guns.:) i had a notched recoil tube put on my 1014 and my stock now collapses.:D

Edited by texas skeeter
text

you are basically correct. the only differences are the m1014, 1-barrel has no choke. 2-recoil tube has no notches to collapse a stock. 3-the receiver has a flag stamped on it where-as the other does not. and all parts are the same and interchangeable on the 2 guns.:) i had a notched recoil tube put on my 1014 and my stock now collapses.:D

Will an M1014 barrel interchange with an 11707 and vice-versa?

Quite a few changes were done to the barrel between the models. There is now a lug that seats against the receiver. The very rear of the barrel has an oversized flare on the 11707.

The rest appears to be the same.

Receivers before the m1014 were slightly different around the elevator.

Ah, not so interchangeable. Thanks!

I'm still confused. I bought an M4 at Gander Mountain. I can find no reference to M1014 or 11707 anywhere on the gun or on the box labels. Mine has the solid stock but disassembly revealed the grooved buffer tube for the collapsible stock. It also has a screw in choke. Are they no longer shipping in this configuration or is the issue of the buffer tube a crap shoot at this point? I don't see how you can know what you are buying without removing the stock and verifying which buffer tube it shipped with.

The 11707 will be listed on the bar code on the box. Sounds like that is what you have. The m1014 and the 11703 do not have the groove machined into the receiver extension. Only the 11707 and 11717 do. The 11717 is the tan version.

M1014 has a fixed improved modified choke. While all later versions are interchangable.

The m1014 has an American flag stamped into the receiver on the right side.

M1014's came with the two port barrel. The 11703's were shipped with the 4 port barrels. 11707's and 11717's have the two port barrels again.

Minor upgrades have been implimented. Such as the oversized wing at the rear of the barrel assembly and the portion of the barrel that seats against the receiver on newer models has a shelf or a ridge that has a larger bearing surface between the two parts.

All model's parts should be mostly interchangable with each other. Example, Benelli put a 11707 barrel in my 11703 model when I kept breaking it.

Hey Ohio, It sounds like you have an 11707 but check your box one more time. It's usually printed on the sticker on the end of the box ( the one with lots of bar codes on it )

Hookster :)

Yeah...it's apparently an 11707. It is the last half of the UPC number. I didn't look there because it doesn't make sense for an M1014. Letters don't map to a UPC code.

Is the buffer tube still random if you purchased with a fixed stock? I understand if you purchased it with a collapsible stock it should have one of the buffer tubes that allow it to collapse. If it came from the factory with a fixed stock one would expect it to come with a non-collapsible buffer tube. I was wondering if they had started shipping solely with the non-collapsible tubes recently or are the pics that have been posted lately from a variety of Benelli guns?