legacy - sport II

moto680

I am trying to decide between a Legacy and Sport II 12 gauge. I will be using the gun primarily for pheasant hunting, some trap shooting. Any imput as to which gun would be better?

Performance wise for my intended purposes, which would be the better way to go? How do these guns function compared to other guns? Am I on the right path?

I was thinking 28" or 30" barrel?

Can the barrel from the Sport II be put on the Legacy?

[ 01-17-2006, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: moto680 ]

Hi moto

Neither of those guns come with the Comfortech system

I dont know how much shooting you're going to be doing, but it seems like a lot of people enjoy the recoil reduction from that feature

The Benelli website will tell you that the Legacy is about both style and performance, while the Sport II is more of a sporting gun (with the crio chokes, ported barrel)

Of course they are both based on the same internals, so I believe its a matter of taste

another consideration is the environment you hunt in

i settled on a 28in Nova for upland and trap, with a 30 inch barell you might the gun difficult in the woods

im sure someone else whos actually shot both can tell you more

am I correct in saying their are only two differences between the sport II and the legacy?

1. The legacy has the engravings.

2. The barrells on the legacy and sport II are different?

Is the sport II barrel and gun in general more made for trap shooting than hunting. (Primarily be hunting pheasants)

The reason I am asking is asthetically I like the stock and chamber of the legacy but I like the barrel of the sport II. And yes asthetics are somewhat important. smile.gif

If it would be good for hunting I could put the Sport II barrel on a legacy correct? (But only if it would fit the purpose of hunting well)

I don't think the comfortech system is all that big of a deal to me. But i really don't know that entirely much about it. I won't be doing an extreme amount of repeatitive shooting (such as trap). So the recoil shouldn't be that big of an issue. But maybe somebody could tell me a little more about it. How does it work. Is it worth all the hype?