Please recommend me a good, bright flashlite for my M4

Mr. Shotgun

For a really good and bright flashlight, I really like the Surefire M300A Mini Scout Light. It uses one 123A battery, yet with 110 lumens maximum output. It is only 4.5 oz (with battery), which is nice to adding to our already weight-y M4.

M300_large.jpg

For mounting, I haven't tried this setup yet, but I am thinking of an 'offset' rail mount (rotate 90 degree so the light will be on the left-or-right side of the M4) to mounting the light on the top-side of the M4 Picatinny rail.

GG-1131.jpg

With best regards,

Edited by axhoaxho

Mounting to the top rail will give you a lot of barrel shadow. Plus, how do you intend to activate it?

I struggled with this issue for years. I avoided all products because of major failures I found in most designs. Here is what I ended up with:

Activation

3627835675_b33f9e23ec.jpg

The rubber grip slips back over this. Momentary light control via the right hand. Similar activation control as a CTC laser grip.

The Light

3774660494_8fe4d738a9.jpg

Surefire Scout Light on a LaRue mount. Attached via a Sidearmor top rail.