SOCOM 16 Range Report

Hookster

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tinman:

This guy wont listen to me. I tried to explain that a Scout is the perfect Middle Ground version ( I have one myself.) But He isnt interested in shooting anything that isnt 50 feet in front of him, so the SOCOM is exactly what he needs.

Heres my Baby. Meet "Gina"

P1160592.jpg

Its all good....you can tell him "I told you so" when he is on the street corner pan handling to save up enough money so he can buy his standard with all usgi parts...or even worse his LRB build. I thought the socom was gonna be the only one i needed too....now in only a year and a half later i have bought two more standards

I am trying to upload pictures of mine...how come when i hit the manage attatchment button it says i have uploaded my maximum attatchment of 1?

Hey Tinman,

Looking forward to seeing your pics!

To post a pic it will have to first be uploaded to a photo sharing site like Photobucket.com

http://photobucket.com/

When you write or reply to a thread on this forum. Click on the 5th icon from the right above the reply box (it looks like a little yellow square with a mountain peak in it) this will bring up a window in which you can paste the pictures address on Photobucket or wherever you have the pic hosted. After that just click OK and the picture will open in your post.

Take Care,

Hookster :)

progress.gif

Nice camo job.

I cashed out some VAC time and thew down and bought the Aimpoint 3x magnifier on a LaRue pivot mount. That magnifier ain't cheap. $635.80

I have some concern about the dot quality through the T-1 and the magnifier. I weighted what path I wanted to take for an optic carefully. I seriously considered an ACOG with an offset mount for my T-1. However, I found that 80% of my target engagements are well within 50 yards. The last 20% are between 50 - 200 yards.

I've been scoring lately at Walmart for 22lr too. I'm up to 25 bricks in storage within a month. By the end of summer, I hope to have a 100 bricks on standby. Over there in commiefornia, is 22lr Federal bulk pack pretty easy to get?

HA. Commiefornia is right. I am usually only buying 7.62 for LR, but havent heard anyone griping about not being able to score .22 rounds. I used to hit walmart for .45 APC and 12 guage rounds myself, but they seem to almost always be out of just about everything when I go in now. So I just go to a gun store out here that always has rounds of anything I want in stock. Prices arent bad, maybe $1-3 off what you would pay in the GI Joe/Goober gun stores that exist solely to provide 20 year olds with mock AK's and Bushmasters as their first rifles. These gun stores are a joke. I miss Virginia in that respect.

Hey All,

I got the new M1A Loaded to the range yesterday. That thing is sweet. I got a couple 1.5" groups after getting the irons zeroed with some Federal AE 168gr ammo. I ordered a scope yesterday too. Here it be:

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/products/scopes/mark-4-lrt-riflescopes/mark-4-4-5-14x50mm-lrt-m1-illum-reticle/

DSC00541.jpg

Later,

Yeah!!!!!

There's a gunshow this weekend up at the Cow Palace this weekend and there's always a guy there with some JAE stocks and other goodies. Hmmmmmmm!........ I wonder if he'll have one in O.D. green and black?????????????

H:rolleyes::rolleyes:Kster

Yeah!!!!!

There's a gunshow this weekend up at the Cow Palace this weekend and there's always a guy there with some JAE stocks and other goodies. Hmmmmmmm!........ I wonder if he'll have one in O.D. green and black?????????????

H:rolleyes::rolleyes:Kster

did they name that facility "Cow Palace" after Nancy Pelowsi??

I speak M14 as well as Benelli SBE/M1; they go together well. Did not realize this forum was bilingual.

HRM14E2wAAC762-SD.jpg

Hey Leid!

Silenced M14E2!! Very Cool!!!!!!!! Yeah, there's a few of us M14 guys here. Man does not live on Benelli M4s alone!!

I do a lot of reading and a bit of posting over at M14TFL as well.

Later,