Vinci's plastic...

Doodle

I'm just a little bit nervous about picking up the Vinci because it is plastic. For example, if I shoot a lot pretty quickly would the barrel get somewhat warped? Because I've known occasions when a rifle shoots 3-4 times repeatedly and the gun barrel gets warped because of the heat. Would anything happen with the plastic? I really like it as a field gun, but still, I'm just iffy on the plastic

You will never see problems with your barrel. Why? Because of the treatment Benelli does on them. They're most likely the thoughest shotgun barrels on todays market. All synthetic parts on the gun are not exposed to heat. So,,,, relaxe, and shoot all you want, as fast as you want. You shoulder will let go before your Benelli will...:cool:

I've got a 4 inch group w/3" Remington Slugger 1oz mag's @ 70yrds. I'm in northern Indiana and that is plenty far enough for deer. The Vinci only shoots up to 3" not 3-1/2". I'm going to try some different ammo after the season but I'm pretty happy right now. My shoulder was very tender after sighting in though. I may check into getting a limbsaver.

Sorry to get off track, but, I was going to read the Vinci article that Randy Wakeman wrote and was informed that his site had a Trojan virus attached. Any truth to that? TKU

Don't do it it messed up my computer bad I liked to never had gotten that thing of my computer it didn't let me open up anything but the internet and it changed my background and crazy stuff like that.

Do your self a huge favor and buy a Vinci. The more I shoot mine the more I like it. Best auto loader ever produced. It has the whole ball of wax in one package other than the 3.5" thing which I never used when I shot my SBE II.:D

I agree Goose! I've had my Vinci since May and the more I shoot this shotgun the more I love it! It's light, well manored and snaps to the shoulder like an old companion. The gun is extremely well made with outstanding fit and finish. I have well over a thousand rounds through mine without any problem what-so-ever! This gun is extremely well designed yet elogantly simple in operation. Beyond being a constant performer, I can break this gun down in less than 10 seconds and cleanup maintenance is a breeze.Thats important to an old school gun lover like me! All this is good but the best feature of the Vinci is that it's just plain fun to shoot and isn't that what it's all about?

Hoping you get your limit;

-Clayman

I agree completely! I got mine the first week of June and it has been a workhorse ever since. I do baby it, but I have let it go a while without cleaning and when i went to clean it, i expected it to be pretty nasty, but was suprised when hardly any built up was there. The gun is extremely tough. I was hunting last weekend when it was 15 out and i had ice build up all over the gun, but when it came time to shoot it fired three off like it was no big deal. As far as the plastic goes...i dont see there being any problem.

I haven't posted on here in a while, but read this one and thought it would be a good one to respond to.

I bought the first Vinci available here in Mobile. So far I've put about 15 cases of rounds through it. Everything from 2.75 target loads to 3" mags with buckshot, duck loads, dove loads, AA trap loads, and Slugs. On monday put 150 target loads through in about 2 hours. NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER. I still like my SBE II, but hte Vinci is now my weapon of choice. Light, Soft shooting, and reliable. No way should the plastics melting be any concern at all.

Oh, and by the way, I think I've cleaned it 3 times, so it doesnt seem to be as finnicky about cleaning as my SBE II.

I agreee with all of the above. The Vinci is a great shotgun.. The more I shoot it, the more I like it. It points and shoots well. Is easy on the thumb when loading, and cleanup is a breeze. It has shot everything I ran through it, without a hiccup!! My only complaint is that the safety is a little hard to push, but that may come around with time. Boom, Boom, Boom.