Changing my Tactical to a Tom Hunter

thebroseph7

ive actually heard on the tactical barrel it has a fixed bore, so it doesnt use a choke

You have the tactical barrel, if it has threads at the end of the barrel it takes chokes....I have not looked into this but that makes it pretty limited and not very versatile. Seems like with HD you would want the ability to change constrictions of your barrel with chokes due to living environments and variables that alter the way you would approach a HD situation....:cool:

ive actually heard on the tactical barrel it has a fixed bore, so it doesnt use a choke

The M4 comes with a standard modified choke so I imagine your does as well. Get a good choke in super full and some winchesters # 5 or 6s and make sure your gun patterns well out to atleast 35 yards and hit the woods this spring.

To many people here give opinions on turkey hunting when they themselves are basically just starting out themselves.

Their are a few here that know what they are talking bout when it comes to killin turkeys so ask away but be wary of what some say.

The M4 comes with a standard modified choke so I imagine your does as well. Get a good choke in super full and some winchesters # 5 or 6s and make sure your gun patterns well out to atleast 35 yards and hit the woods this spring.

To many people here give opinions on turkey hunting when they themselves are basically just starting out themselves.

Their are a few here that know what they are talking bout when it comes to killin turkeys so ask away but be wary of what some say.

You couldn't be any more right. Great Advice Flhawghuntr :). Always be wary no matter the topic on any forum or hunting tip in general, some are genuine but there are a lot of googlers out there along with a lot of BSers too;).

This is just the start though...once you get one thing figured out 10 more things arise, in this case your setup, next will be ammo, calls, what kinds of calls to make, what calls to make for what time of year, turkey habits, food sources, sit or stalk, decoys, etc.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

So i've found out that it is a fixed smooth bore barrel.

I did pick up a Nikon Slughunter 3x9x40 camo.

Hitting 3in groupings at 120yds with 2 3/4 winch slugs.

So i guess i need help with a call for the SPRING. can anyone help?

Check out Quaker Boy for calls. I have enjoyed almost every product that I have got from them. They don't advertise that much but you will find them in just about every hunting store.

Are you looking for a box, diaphram, or friction call?

So i've found out that it is a fixed smooth bore barrel.

I did pick up a Nikon Slughunter 3x9x40 camo.

Hitting 3in groupings at 120yds with 2 3/4 winch slugs.

So i guess i need help with a call for the SPRING. can anyone help?

What choke constriction is the fixed barrel? Mod? Let us know. Certain pellet sizes can work better in certain constrictions.

My favorite place for turkey accessories is:

http://www.midwestturkeycall.com/

I would order one of their catalogs and just spend some time looking through it. Cabela's and Bass Pro, among others, puts out a turkey catalog annually as well.

Calls and calling is a vast subject. Much depends on where you hunt, when you hunt, how you hunt, etc. I'd say a good box call is a good place to start. I like slate calls and mouth calls too. Funny thing is that the worst turkey calling I have ever heard comes from live hens themselves :D

Also, more so than some other types of hunting, I have found that videos are somewhat helpful in getting started. I have always liked, and still do, the Primos Truth series of turkey videos. You can find some of the older ones cheap.

I know that I already recommended Quaker Boy for your Calls but I would like to go further on this topic. Their #1 goal is to Satisfy their customers, I had a deer call break on me this morning and I called them up and they sent me the best deer call they have at no charge!!!! I am talking about a call that is twice as expensive as the one that I had!!!!!!!

I could not believe how GREAT their Customer Service was. You really can't go wrong, if you don't like the call you get from them they will literally do anything to make you happy!

I will never buy a call from another company unless Quaker Boy does not make the call that I am looking for.....like a bear cub distress call or something like that...(Anyone from Quaker Boy who may see this just think about it...hahah:D)

Anyways Good Luck in your search for the Best Turkey Call you can find!

Tyson

Looks like I'll try turkey hunting with my m4! Has anyone taken a turkey with their M4?