Few questions about the SBE II...

JackTheRipper

3+1 - That's 3 in the magazine, plus one in the chamber. The gun ships with a limiter installed. The limiter, or plug as most refer to it, restricts the magazine capacity to 2 in order to meet US migratory bird hunting requirements. The limiter is easily removed.

Either camo would be fine in most areas. The various camo patterns are made to appeal to humans. Lack of movement is what hides you from animals.

See above.

Besides, I don't think camo is a factor in either place for bird hunting.

Tucker answered you question I believe. If you plan on hunting waterfowl, I would go with Max 4. But if you want variety like partidge, and waterfowl, I would go with real tree as that cammo patern will still work well waterfowling if you use a blind that's near a wooded area. Bottom line, you can use a blind with waterfowling so the cammo patern is not as important. But you won't hunt partridge the same way. Like Tucker said, it's all about movement.

I peffer Adv Max 4. The Benelli dealer I deal with sells them the most. But the Duck Blind cammo is gaining in demand.

Max 4 turns too yellow for my taste - I'll never buy another product in Max 4.

For me, it's MO Duck Blind, or MO Brush, or MO Tree Stand, or the new MO Break-Up Infinity or whatever they are calling the newest MO :D

I've started seeing MO on Benelli products at places like Bass Pro, Cabela's, and most recently, Scheels. The Scheels in Rapid City, SoDak, had a MODB SBE II that was very cool looking :)

I seem to recall that some big chain sporting goods stores are ordering special camo runs from Benelli USA. Probably using Tarjac in the US or someone like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a SBE 2 in synthetic because the wood didn't come with the recoil reduction stuff in the stock. BUT, I often wonder how we went from beautiful shotguns that had blued metal part, high gloss wood, and lasted 20, 30, and 40 years to synthetic stocks and matte finish metal (or camo)? The newer versions have to be cheaper to manufacture, are higher than hedoublehockeysticks to buy, and don't seem to be able to hold up to 5 years shooting.

Marketing I guess.

• 2 weeks later...