Supernova problem

fst96ss

I searched, but couldn't find an answer.

So I picked up a used, practically new condition 26" Supernova in Max 4 at a local gun shop. I checked it out in the store, and all was good, but I didn't dry fire it. I get home and get it back together, put in a couple of snap caps, cycle the action, pull the trigger, and the bolt unlocks and falls out of battery on it's own.

It cycles fine, but the bolt won't lock after pulling the trigger until you cycle it again. Each time you pull the trigger the action just unlocks. I already called the shop and they said to bring it back in, but does anyone have any ideas?

It may just be early, (my brain doesn't stir until at least 10am), but that sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to do, (if I read it right)...I'm sitting here with my Super Nova Tactical now...I push the release, draw back the slide, move it back into battery, squeeze the trigger and the bolt unlocks, allowing me to cycle the action and feed another round...Are you saying that the bolt does not stay locked while it's in battery before you pull the trigger? If that;s the case, then it's not normal, but the action is supposed to let go after you fire....

Are you saying that the bolt does not stay locked while it's in battery before you pull the trigger?
The bolt does stay locked nice and tight after you rack the action and load a round. After pulling the trigger, the action just falls open. If you point the gun upward, the action opens to the point of almost ejecting the round in the chamber.

After you pull the trigger and the gun is empty, the action will not lock into place. It stays completely loose. The bolt assembly is able to just move back and forth in the receiver.

The bolt does stay locked nice and tight after you rack the action and load a round. After pulling the trigger, the action just falls open. If you point the gun upward, the action opens to the point of almost ejecting the round in the chamber.

After you pull the trigger and the gun is empty, the action will not lock into place. It stays completely loose. The bolt assembly is able to just move back and forth in the receiver.

Yep, sound right to me. If I load a 3 1/2 shell and shoot the action will cycle to the back and eject the shell if I don't hold on to it.

Thanks for the input guys.....You all were right. It just seems that My buddy's Nova that I've been using for duck, didn't do this.

I went back to the shop where I bought it, and the guys checked it out. One of them said it didn't seem right, so they pulled a brand new Supernova off the rack and it did the exact same thing. He said "I'll be damned", handed my Supernova back and said "have a good one".:)