Wich one

duck_lips

i was thinking about getting a semi auto and the ones i was thinking about is. The Franchi I 12 or the Stoeger m2000. Things i would like to know is. Which one is more reliable,better, ect. please give me our opinions on what you think. I have never shot either one of them so i need some info.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Yah, unless you're really hunting for a bargain, i would scratch the M2000 from your consideration. Although i'm sure you could get it to work for you. I own an I-12, I love it. It comes a part quickly and very easily. Inertia driven, rotating bolt head, 3" chamber...etc.

I'm sure there will be guys behind me to roast me on this for recommending an I-12 but if you're like me and couldn't drop 1300 on a SBE II or Vinci, an I-12 is a great middle ground between stoeger and benelli. The only misfires i've ever had are with crappy remington 1550fps steel shells. any other brand has never given me a problem. You take your chances with any gun though. You could always end up with a bad egg....me personally, I don't ever reconsider purchasing my I-12. There are a lot of ducks and geese that wish I had! Good luck with your search.

Yah, unless you're really hunting for a bargain, i would scratch the M2000 from your consideration. Although i'm sure you could get it to work for you. I own an I-12, I love it. It comes a part quickly and very easily. Inertia driven, rotating bolt head, 3" chamber...etc.

I'm sure there will be guys behind me to roast me on this for recommending an I-12 but if you're like me and couldn't drop 1300 on a SBE II or Vinci, an I-12 is a great middle ground between stoeger and benelli. The only misfires i've ever had are with crappy remington 1550fps steel shells. any other brand has never given me a problem. You take your chances with any gun though. You could always end up with a bad egg....me personally, I don't ever reconsider purchasing my I-12. There are a lot of ducks and geese that wish I had! Good luck with your search.

i was thinking about getting a semi auto and the ones i was thinking about is. The Franchi I 12 or the Stoeger m2000. Things i would like to know is. Which one is more reliable,better, ect. please give me our opinions on what you think. I have never shot either one of them so i need some info.

thanks

Ducks don't have lips :). Maybe you should change your name to duck bills and spend those Bills on a Benelli Auto :D

Just playing bro....Good Luck in your Decision!

thanks

I wouldn't accept the M2000 for free. I've seen no less than six fail in the field.

I might accept the I-12 for free, but only if it was the last model of gun on earth. If I had to shoot it, I'd Dremel and polish every part I could reach and keep a can of CLP with me at all times :)

aren't you being a bit of a cynic there mudhen? I've seen M2000's work just fine and my I-12 doesn't really give me problems? I'm just a kid who couldn't afford a $1300 gun, but I saved up and bought what i thought was good.

If there are people on here looking for advice about guns and purchasing one, I understand not preferring a gun, but your last post doesn't help at all. If you really think those guns are that bad, I would honestly be interested in hearing what you have to say...

aren't you being a bit of a cynic there mudhen? I've seen M2000's work just fine and my I-12 doesn't really give me problems? I'm just a kid who couldn't afford a $1300 gun, but I saved up and bought what i thought was good.

If there are people on here looking for advice about guns and purchasing one, I understand not preferring a gun, but your last post doesn't help at all. If you really think those guns are that bad, I would honestly be interested in hearing what you have to say...

Working in and around gun shops for the past 10+ years or so has certainly turned me sour on the M2000 and I-12. My local shop got back the entire first shipment of I-12's they sold. I've heard they did some tweaking to newer models, but I give that a big 'so what'.

I've just seen so many M2000's and I-12's returned by customers, and the fights that ensue when the customer is told he has to send his new gun back, often several times, is just not worth the emotional trauma that results.

And let me tell you, these guns don't break in the summertime at the trap range, they break in the blind, on a guided hunt, on X-mas Day, during the biggest stormy day of the year, they always 'ruin the hunt', made Timmy cry, etc.

Same can be said for most Mossturd products. I once saw a grown man try to move a Coke machine, the glass door fridge model, much like Chief Dan George picks up the shower machine in Cuckoo's Nest, because he was so irate over his defective 935. The guy was a regional manager for Coke, and was so mad at the shop, he said he was taking the Coke machine with him.

There are plenty of other shotgun fish in the sea, but the poster didn't ask about them, he asked about the M2000 and the I-12, both of which I feel are of poor quality and poor fit and function. If he had asked about other models, I would have suggested maybe a BPS, a Wal-Mart Beretta 390 series gun, maybe an 870 Wingmaster, used Benelli M1, etc.

I have seen many of each fail in the field, and seen many returned at shops, so that is what I base my opinion on.

Also, please note, our regional Benelli USA rep says the M2000 is the least complained about model in their line-up. The SBE II is the most complained about. Think about that for a minute. When asked why, he said "that's easy, cheap products are usually accepted for what they are, while expensive product are held to a higher standard". Also he said the sales numbers were overwhelmingly in favor of the SBE II, which logically leads to more complaints. Look at the post on the main page from the guy who is ranting over a little peeled film in his SBE II :D

Sorry, just sharing my experiences.....

mudhen is a bully and will talk a dog off a meat truck. He is usually not helpful and just plain cynical of others. Don't you love how he just leaves you with something to think about like he just taught you something. Look he is even crapping on another guy from another thread while he trashes on this guy's choices in this thread (Hes a multi-trasher ;)). Unbelievable!

I would go with Mudhens line of thinking all the way........no questions asked.....and have heard very much the same comments from salesman at places like Gander Mountain who really dont even care to sell either of these two models at all. Why? High rate of returns, irrate customers, and a bad impression of the store.

I had an M2000, so from personal experience it was by far and away the worst firearm i have ever purchase.

I would take a 20+ year old 1100 over the M2000 any day.

Take your chances, live by experience.

He obviously favors the two guns he submitted, now instead of bashing, give insight on the guns this person would like to buy. List the Pros and Cons from experience. The M2000 might have not been the best gun you ever bought, but it is still a gun with a pretty good reputation (Or at least that is what the people who own it say).

And as far as it dying only on hunts and crucial moments, That is such crap...:rolleyes:

Yep :D

Good reputation :)

Everyone should buy and M2000!

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20389

It would actually be "Everyone should buy an M2000!"

I don't stand behind them, but I am not an owner of one either, so I don't throw opinions around.

You worked in and around gun shops for over 10 years?...What as the plumber?

Edited by tyson129

It would actually be "Everyone should by an M2000!"

I don't sand behind them, but I am not an owner of one either, so I don't throw opinions around.

You worked in and around gun shops for over 10 years?...What as the plumber?

Should be 'stand' behind them maybe :confused:

And yes, I did once have to take the plunger to the shop toilet once, it was clogged with tyson129 :D

Should be 'stand' behind them maybe

And yes, I did once have to take the plunger to the shop toilet once, it was clogged with tyson129 :D

Thanks that is the most help you have ever given me! Good job! :)

I think you would make a better English Teacher than a Gunsmith or a Hunter...But hey your probably known around the World for your work...And Turkey Hunting.

Edited by tyson129

I had first ordered an I-12. As I was waiting for it, I was reading the Franchi and Stoeger forums to try to familiarize myself with my new purchase. After reading all the complaints on both guns, which are the same guts just prettier outside I-12, as soon as I recieved my I-12, I did not even open the box. I simply put return to sender, called the dealer, took out my visa and told him to send me a SBE II instead. We did the exchange, I paid him the diff and voila, couldn't be happier. Knock on wood...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Mudhen,

you even admitted yourself that there are even problems with SBEII's. So why not give somebody the consideration who is looking for a lower end gun? Are you saying it's not possible that an M2000 will function? Gee...if I buy one will it jam up on me diver hunting out on the bay on Thanksgiving?

You know what you're right though...if you don't have enough money to buy a 1300 dollar gun you just shouldn't buy one at all because that's obviously the best gun that's ever been made. So everybody should just wait until they have that much money to buy a SBEII or until then enjoy fishing? Say what you want about statistical data on complaints etc from Gander Mountain. Doesn't the buyer assume some sort of risk when they purchase a lower end gun? Throw me a bone here. I have little to no problems with my I-12, love it in fact. Are you going to tell me that next time I'm in South Dakota in the snow and rain it's going to jam up on me based on principle? I don't buy it. You guys make me upset with your high end talk. Open your mind and thoughts. We're all on the same team here.

Never thought you'd get a moral speech from a 23 year old kid did ya. I love waterfowl hunting more than most kids at my age. Don't spoil it for people like me. And I bet you seem like the kind of guy to get in an argument if somebody's hunting too close to you're spot. Not me...I'll invite you along or move down a ways. And I'd probably wish you good luck too.