New USA Magazine arrived today

zee10103

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not intentionally adding fuel to this fire but I am seriously curious...what does Benelli use for its tubes. You know, the ones they send out as standard equipment on the "best shotgun in the world." I know its not titanium:rolleyes:

You will all be eating your words when the new carbon fiber, trans dimensional, infinite capacity tubes hit the market.

If you buy it because it's the best, why install crap parts? A weapon is a SYSTEM. A group of parts working as a whole. It is only as good as its weakest critical part, which the magazine is by any definition. Ergo, you have turned "the best" into something cheap and shoddy by installing a low-budget critical part.

One does not install $39.99 brake-pads on a Porsche.

at this point im laughing out loud.:) ok, hopefully this will explain my point!! i dont agree at all about putting a 60$ mag tube on a benelli m4. im just stating for all the byzanium tube freaks that a regular old cheap steel tube will work just fine for an average "i shoot once a month joe"!! now if one was going to compete in a 3-gun tourney or shoot a million rounds every month etc, well then by all means get a better tube. hope this helps!! still love ya though UNO, even if we dont agree sometimes!! "cant we all just get along"? oh wait, it didnt work out to well for the guy that said that!!:D

My neighbor Gator is a Carbon Firer Guy. Every thing from Vests to Aviation components. I will see what he knows and i bet he can develop one. Thanks for the Idea. TDL.

Not much to develope, get the right threads on the right diameter pipe and go to town. It's so simple that it's all about consistant product and superior materials.

Titanium alloy and Ceracoat (*sp) are about the best two materials I can think of for this application.

I'm not intentionally adding fuel to this fire but I am seriously curious...what does Benelli use for its tubes. You know, the ones they send out as standard equipment on the "best shotgun in the world." I know its not titanium:rolleyes:

You will all be eating your words when the new carbon fiber, trans dimensional, infinite capacity tubes hit the market.

I don't think a carbon-fiber tube would work due to the wall-thickness (or thin-ness) required here.

I am not sure what Benelli uses, but it sucks. One of my M4's mag-tubes was dented right from Benelli, lol.

Yes I agree, Wall thickness will be a concern. Threaded @ both ends will remove much needed materials. The thickness will most likely have to be 5 times fold. But it is a interesting concept OhioM4 Posted.

Then he will:

1. Not be able to get the barrel-hangers over the tube.

2. The threads will be a weak point and could possibly result in cracking at that point if the tube his struck/bumped.

3. If he makes the tube narrow enough, yet thick enough to fit the barrel-hangers AND be strong enoough, he will not be able to fit shells in it as THAT will have narrowed.

4. CF flexes, if one rests the mag-tube on something and tries to fire, depending on the situation, the mag could flex and a jam could result.

CF just isn't the answer here.

I thought the "trans dimensional, infinite capacity" part would have flagged it as a sarcastic comment. Carbon Fiber was about the only material I could think of that was more exotic than titanium. I'm sure someone could engineer a CF tube if they wanted too but I don't see much point to the exercise.

For the record, I have one of Kip's ti tubes and am quite happy with it and have no motivation to trade it in, even for a Carbon Fiber tube. If someone manages the infinite capacity part of the description you will have my attention.

Guest cleefurd
I officially declare titanium to be superior to carbon fiber. Please see the following link. Cease all development work on CF Mag tubes immediately! Titanium is the clear winner!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3741362681682291899#

I had not seen this test before. Beats our tests. We simply tested deflection on a hydraulic press with a pressure guage.... boring. Thanks for sharing this.

BTW we use the exact same alloy they use and contrary to what he said it is enhanced. Virgin ti would not flatten completely but it would become oval to some extent. This alloy is 94.5% titanium with vanadium and aluminum added, heat treated and annealed in such a way that it gains phenominal properties for the intended use with thin wall applications.

Is this the best for a M4? If so which one of the three available?

Answers to your questions:

Yes, I believe the CarrierComp Titanium tube is the best available option for the M4. I feel it is the best value for the money. The fit and finish are second to none. The quality was the only thing that saved Kip from multiple flame emails and negative feedback for severe shipping delays. Once the product was received...all was forgiven and I suspect everyone who purchased will line up again to purchase whatever new products Kip chooses to release.

Regarding which of the three to buy; if you have a black M4...buy black, if you have the tan camo M4... buy tan, if you want something truly unique...buy the plain ti tube, have it Cerakoted in pink, convince Sanrio in Japan to allow the use of their trademarked characters on weapons, have the newly "pinked" tube printed all over with Hello Kitty. It will then be truly unique!;)

Guest cleefurd
Answers to your questions:

Yes, I believe the CarrierComp Titanium tube is the best available option for the M4. I feel it is the best value for the money. The fit and finish are second to none. The quality was the only thing that saved Kip from multiple flame emails and negative feedback for severe shipping delays. Once the product was received...all was forgiven and I suspect everyone who purchased will line up again to purchase whatever new products Kip chooses to release.

Regarding which of the three to buy; if you have a black M4...buy black, if you have the tan camo M4... buy tan, if you want something truly unique...buy the plain ti tube, have it Cerakoted in pink, convince Sanrio in Japan to allow the use of their trademarked characters on weapons, have the newly "pinked" tube printed all over with Hello Kitty. It will then be truly unique!;)

Classic. Rare wit. Thanks for the vote and yes the flame marks were justified, painful, but well received.

Classic. Rare wit. Thanks for the vote and yes the flame marks were justified, painful, but well received.

We're all still waiting for your next product. Christmas is coming up soon and I told Santa I want a ti charging handle, a true mil spec rail, and a muzzle brake for my M4 Assault shotgun...oh yeah and peace on earth and good will toward men.

There's already a Hello Kitty assault rifle:

KittyRifle.jpg

Why not an M4?

If I ever actually have to shoot someone in self defense this is what I want held up in the courtroom for the jury to see as "exhibit A":rolleyes:

I worked as a machinist for several years. The biggest, baddest dude in the place used to bring his lunch in a Scooby Doo lunchbox. No one ever mentioned it.

I must admit I was thinking along those exact lines when I posted the pic. I would like to see a pink gun in court sometime. I think it would make a great Law & Order episode... just try to get a jury to convict with no evil "black gun".