witch one....

accomplice

I own both the SBE ll and the Vinci. Both are great guns. Neither will let you down. The SBE ll has the 3.5" capabilities that the Vinci doesn't. I don't know if that will be a factor in your decision. The more I shoot the Vinci, the better I like it. Again, both are great guns and I would not get rid of either. I believe that the chokes are the same in the two guns, both are crio. If I had to pick just one, I would probably go with the SBE ll because of the 3.5". Other than that it would be a push. Your preference. Good luck....

I own both the SBE ll and the Vinci. Both are great guns. Neither will let you down. The SBE ll has the 3.5" capabilities that the Vinci doesn't. I don't know if that will be a factor in your decision. The more I shoot the Vinci, the better I like it. Again, both are great guns and I would not get rid of either. I believe that the chokes are the same in the two guns, both are crio. If I had to pick just one, I would probably go with the SBE ll because of the 3.5". Other than that it would be a push. Your preference. Good luck....

thanks, no 3 1/2 is not a factor to me... do you notice a difference in speed of shell cycling? do you think the trigger in the vinci feels better? how do you think recoil compares? thanks again

Would get the Vinci. And I won't use anything more than 3" regardless of which gun (bad shoulder). But having actually messed with the Vinci a bit, I find that the claims for between-the-hands balance and "natural" pointing are true, at least for me. It will replace my left-handed M1 Super 90 as soon as they release a left-hand version.

Uncle Russ

thanks, no 3 1/2 is not a factor to me... do you notice a difference in speed of shell cycling? do you think the trigger in the vinci feels better? how do you think recoil compares? thanks again

They both will cycle faster than you can pull the trigger. The trigger may be a tad better on the Vinci, but it is hard to tell. It is not like shooting a rifle. When you are on target you just pull, you don't really squeeze. At least I don't. I did not put a trigger pull gauge on it, so I really don't if the poundage is different. As far as recoil goes, the Vinci does have felt recoil. There has been a lot said about little or no recoil on the Vinci. But when you have a gun that weighs less than 7 lbs. and shoots a 12 ga. shell, there is recoil. Probably less than the SBE ll, but again I don't have any numbers on it. I have put a case of shells through it on a weekend (trap loads) with no real effects on my shoulder. The Vinci is a sweet shooting gun. If you like the way it pulls up, go for it. You will not be sorry. You can always buy the SBE ll at a later date. These are two guns that need to be in your arsenal. Good luck with your decision, and let me know what you end up with. Mike

Edited by hognutz