rail-advice needed desperately!

xamoel

good evening!

i have been reading through quite some threads regarding rail system for the benelli m4 s90.

searching the web, i found quite some solutions:

-fab m4 polymer handguards

-kz m4 quad rail system

-brugger & thomet m4 quad rail

-sidearmor rail

-mesa tactical

but only 2 of them, the fab and the brugger, offer real picatinny rails, the others are copied from benelli, with the typical stubs.

i would like to keep the original handguard, f.e. with the sidearmor version.

what do you think of those different possibilities?

is there any chance that sidearmor will release a picatinny-spec version?

greetings from germany!

Greetings, I have a Sidearmor and love it! I know the rails are not in true spec, but they are beefier than the Mesa, and factory rail. I have a SureFire Scout light with the Larue mount and it's defenitely tight enough for my type of useage. I think StrangerDangers review sums it up pretty good and helped me make the decision to get one. Theres just a few choices of rails systems to go with, but I liked where the light is placed above the forearm, out of the way. It's the only one I've tried, because I don't have unlimited funds to try them all, would be nice though.

ok, so the b&t isn't a real alternative.

on the carriercomp website i didn't see anything about a replacement rail for the m4, is it out of stock, or just not finished in development yet?

Kip at Carrier is highly regarded for his workmanship but is currently "underwater" making Ti mag tube extensions. The only "for sale" items on his site at my last visit were tubes and springs for those tubes. If you fish around a bit you'll see pics of his efforts on muzzle brakes and "real" P-rails. Some of us are also hoping he makes a very good replacement for the bolt handle. Bottom line though is patience is required. He's trimmed his tube backlog to 2-4 weeks (as I recently read) but not really ready to expand into other items he can't deliver in a timely fashion just yet.

alright, great to hear he's working on it!

would be awesome if his real P-rail would be compatible with some other items like the sidearmor rail etc...

His rail won't work with the Sidearmor, but will work with the B&T, Surefire m80, and I think maybe the KZ http://www.botachtactical.com/kzm4.html , if the top rail can be shortened so it doesn't go all the way back on the receiver(not sure though)?

His rail won't work with the Sidearmor, but will work with the B&T, Surefire m80, and I think maybe the KZ http://www.botachtactical.com/kzm4.html , if the top rail can be shortened so it doesn't go all the way back on the receiver(not sure though)?

You would be able to use Kips replacement rail with the KZ forend since you don't have to have the separate KZ top rail in place. The KZ forend section is secure without it.

Hookster :)

Guest cleefurd
alright. is his cerakote dg color the same as the original black?

i also planned to get an original benelli comp, what do you guys think about it?

The "DG" is a blend that matches the average OEM parkerized tone of the Benelli M4 barrels

Guest cleefurd
thats some good news!

i just wondered if the titanium mag tubes from kip, which weigh only half as much as the original ones, wouldn't make you feel quite a bit more recoil?

• Load (5) 00-Buck shells, shoot one....
  • Eject (3) of the remaining shells (making the gun 1/3 lb lighter)
  • Fire the remaining shell.

If you can tell the difference in recoil then yes.

The most notable difference I've noticed is it points quicker like my old M1 by off-setting some of the added weight the M4 gas system places up front.