Benelli PAINT!!!

ih4ever

I am a big SBE fan, however the paint is not durable as some say.

I have had my gun for a month been on 5 hunts with it and the condition of the paint looks to be 5 years old.

Now, don't get me wrong I don't baby my guns, nor do I baby my SBE, but for the money, you would think Benelli would have chosen a company that had a durable paint finish. Now my gun does not show wear on the stock but on the wear surfaces (barrel ring, ejector opening,forend,) You would think that they would make these surfaces more durable.

I am a big SBE fan, however the paint is not durable as some say.

I have had my gun for a month been on 5 hunts with it and the condition of the paint looks to be 5 years old.

Now, don't get me wrong I don't baby my guns, nor do I baby my SBE, but for the money, you would think Benelli would have chosen a company that had a durable paint finish. Now my gun does not show wear on the stock but on the wear surfaces (barrel ring, ejector opening,forend,) You would think that they would make these surfaces more durable.

Again, its not paint and all camo guns are that way. Not just Benelli. I won't buy anymore camo guns for that reason.

If you want pretty go with the classic wood models. Heck go with a Legacy and you won't have to worry about the camo finish plus you get engravings...but you probably won't drag it through the woods hunting either.

I personally like the camo and I am hard on my guns. They take a beating but take it. A little ding here or there on my SuperNova won't keep me up at night.

Hope your gun gets fixed.

While it's not the greatest film job I have ever seen, it looks like normal wear and tear to me. I'd say you have a 50/50 chance of Benelli fixing it.

If I were making the decision just based on the photo and location of the film wear, I'd say no warranty issue, just normal wear and tear, probably due to bug spray on the shooter's cheek area, but I don't work for Benelli CS, so what does that matter :D

I've got a Browning Silver with a bad Dura Touch/camo finish. It started to wear off after just a few hunts. Browning said too bad. I've got a Browning A-Bolt with Dura Touch that is holding up great. I hope my new Maxus' finish holds up better than the Silver.

I like camo finishes. It's my kim chee, I'll spend it how I want to!

• 2 weeks later...
While it's not the greatest film job I have ever seen, it looks like normal wear and tear to me. I'd say you have a 50/50 chance of Benelli fixing it.

If I were making the decision just based on the photo and location of the film wear, I'd say no warranty issue, just normal wear and tear, probably due to bug spray on the shooter's cheek area, but I don't work for Benelli CS, so what does that matter :D

I've got a Browning Silver with a bad Dura Touch/camo finish. It started to wear off after just a few hunts. Browning said too bad. I've got a Browning A-Bolt with Dura Touch that is holding up great. I hope my new Maxus' finish holds up better than the Silver.

I like camo finishes. It's my kim chee, I'll spend it how I want to!

hey mudhen im hunter2good on the refuge forum...

the pics looks like air pockets, the rippling just below the cheak pad has worn down smooth... the pockets on the top of the stock are gone, but others have come about. i have yet to use any deet or bug spray hunting... CS has informed me not to use it. well see what happens, i have this feeling, the longer i use the gun the less the problems will show...