Benelli M4 Collapsible Stock For Sale

sneakerfreak602

MSRP is not even close to $995 and there is a difference between fair market value and screwing people on auction sites. **** the term "fair market value" is usually only used by someone needing a excuse for rediculious prices. Offering something at an inflated rate here is no bonus when you are expecting to make serious bank on it and just don't want to pay fees.

I went through this same crap when I had my 2006 Pontiac GTO and there was a rare set of grilles available that retailed for $250 but went for $500+ on ebay. People were buying up dealer supply and making serious profit without thinking of GTO fans that couldn't afford $500. So I called every GM dealer around and bought five sets @ $250ea then sold them for $280 shipped, I made maybe $8 per set but made five people very happy.

Continuing to sell these at $800 is manipulation of the market which causes a "false fair market value" and just lines the pocket of sellers.

Well since it's not for sale normally, then factory MSRP doesn't really matter does it? According to the factory, it's not for sale to you at ANY price. Only one place is selling to civilians publically, NIB.

It's all about supply and demand. You already show that you understand this. If you want to buy an M4S90 collapsible stock for $175 MSRP, then do it. I certainly won't frown upon you. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that...you can't.

In fact, for any of you who have some XM193 that you bought in the early 2000's, will you sell it to me for $150/1,000 rounds? I mean, I would hate to have to call you gougers. This is rediculous.

Edited by Unobtanium

$500 is a joke offer.

Look guy just cuzz $500 is a joke to you dont mean it was to me. If the OP set a price there wouldnt be 3 pages of hijacking going on. I simply offered the most I would pay. Instaed of all the junior member remarks and the youll never own one period statements. simply just ignore or say no thanks. We should realy talk to people like we would in person the internet would be a much nicer place.

Sneakerfreak I didnt ask to mess up your thread I simply just gave a price i was willing to pay. I realy do hate hijacking of threads so I am sorry about that but I am not sorry for my offer.

Well since it's not for sale normally, then factory MSRP doesn't really matter does it? According to the factory, it's not for sale to you at ANY price. Only one place is selling to civilians publically, NIB.

It's all about supply and demand. You already show that you understand this. If you want to buy an M4S90 collapsible stock for $175 MSRP, then do it. I certainly won't frown upon you. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that...you can't.

In fact, for any of you who have some XM193 that you bought in the early 2000's, will you sell it to me for $150/1,000 rounds? I mean, I would hate to have to call you gougers. This is rediculous.

1- You brought up MSRP and a guy selling them new for $800 which is a joke because he is making major profit when cost is less than $150.

2- Quit comparing something that is more expensive due to materials and labor cost going up versus simple supply.

1- You brought up MSRP and a guy selling them new for $800 which is a joke because he is making major profit when cost is less than $150.

2- Quit comparing something that is more expensive due to materials and labor cost going up versus simple supply.

1. No, I did not bring up MSRP. Go re-read my original post. I said "THEY RETAIL AT". Not MSRP.

Why do they retail at that? Because the only ones you are going to get your hands on were sold as police over-run on complete guns, before the ban, or by LE dealers who are risking their license and freedom to sell them openly.

2. So what do you think drove materials cost for XM193 up? Supply and demand.

Let me make another analogy. Do you think I can find a mint condition 1963 numbers matching 'vette for it's original MSRP? Would you call someone who sold one at many times its MSRP a price gouger?

Edited by Unobtanium

Look guy just cuzz $500 is a joke to you dont mean it was to me. If the OP set a price there wouldnt be 3 pages of hijacking going on. I simply offered the most I would pay. Instaed of all the junior member remarks and the youll never own one period statements. simply just ignore or say no thanks. We should realy talk to people like we would in person the internet would be a much nicer place.

Sneakerfreak I didnt ask to mess up your thread I simply just gave a price i was willing to pay. I realy do hate hijacking of threads so I am sorry about that but I am not sorry for my offer.

I never said $500 was a joke to me. I said it was a joke to offer for a $7-900 part.

The reason you got Jr. member remarks is because, had you been around longer, you would know that it will either take an aftermarket stock, or the import-ban being lifted, or someone getting a nasty divorce, before the collapsible stocks will dip to $500 and lower.

CODY6.0: If you want to be the knight in shining armor, go out and guy up a dozen of these $175 collapsible stocks and then sell them to people who want them for $200 a pop. I will of course, applaude your generosity and kindness. But the fact remains that the only people who got them at that price got them when they came with their M1014's or bought them before 2001 I think it was. Now, it's all black-market, and it is what it is.

Edited by Unobtanium

i think its ABSOLUTELY STUPID for ANYONE to argue/or complain about the price of a well wanted, hard to get, not imported to civilian any more benelli part!!!! if YOU dont like the price, shut the F%^K UP and dont buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!! capitolism made this country great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the fact people want to change that, our country is getting worse by the year!!!!!!!!!!! its a fact. you cant tell me what ever all you price complainers do for a living, you just give it away for a few dollars over market value!!!! BULLSH_T

There lies the problem, the seller never stated a price. Never even stated what a joke price would be, so don't slam people for $500.00 offers. Buyers can not read the mind of what the seller wants for his stock, if it is above $700.00 state so. Otherwise don't yell down to people "no stock for you" because he offered what he could spend.

Cody is right, they are $175.00 parts. I got one from Benelli last year for $139.00 through my agency, but there was a price increase earlier this year. Yes, parts prices have always gone up for non-legal parts to civilians. But just tell they people what you want and you won't look like you do.

Rick

Edited by flya727

There lies the problem, the seller never stated a price. Never even stated what a joke price would be, so don't slam people for $500.00 offers. Buyers can not read the mind of what the seller wants for his stock, if it is above $700.00 star so. Otherwise don't yell down to people "no stock for you" because he offered what he could spend.

Cody is right, they are $175.00 parts. I got one from Benelli last year for $139.00 through my agency, but there was a price increase earlier this year. Yes, parts prices have always gone up for non-legal parts to civilians. But just tell they people what you want and you won't look like you do.

Rick

$175 parts? Yeah, and the M4 barrel assy. dealer-price is $5XX. But guess what? That's not what the fair-market value is.

FMV on an SBS M4S90 is also FAR from MSRP.

Good on you for getting one at a factory-esque price from your agency. Now, will you order more for everyone like yourself who thinks that is their real value? Why or why not?

Ill take it for $500 bucks

I would suggest you do some research on the cost of a collapsible factory stock. 500 is much lower then the current value but its nice to see an offer within a matter of minutes of the post.

I watch what they go for! He didnt put a price so I offered the highest I would pay. IMO even $500 is to much!

Apparently the poster knew he was low-balling and just wanted to whine that FMV is more than he wants to pay. He responded to a polite response with some kind of sour-grapes like complaint that could, with little effort, be construed as proof that he was just trolling and didn't even intend to spend the $500 he offered as he turns around and says that what he offered was "too much". If it was too much for him, why did he offer it? Trolling purposes?

It should also be noted that he responded to the OP's post with a "He didn't...(referring to the OP's FIRST post)" implying that he, at the time of that post, didn't even recognize who the OP/seller WAS in this thread. Basically, he added a bunch of clutter with a low-ball offer that he may or may not have intended on following through with and not enough intent to even keep track of who was selling the damn thing.

This was then furthered by people who are upset about the law of supply and demand.

Epic fail.

Edited by Unobtanium

FMV is dictated by the consumer. It appears that the seller has a higher FMV for his stock than the buyers of this forum, or it would have sold by now. Without a firm asking price, it is up to the consumer to dictate what FMV is at this time.

If I could buy as many stocks as I could at my agency price and sell them here to all, I would. But you know as well as anyone, those are restriced to one per officer(actually, one per ODW shotgun). I think we all know who the one trolling is here. Accepting offers is just what it implies.

Rick

i keep reading and reading continued posts on this site and other sites regarding prices of sh-t people are selling. and i ask again, to ALL THE PRICE COMPLAINERS, what do you do or make or even provide for a living??? and what do you sell it for??? let me answer that question for you. AS MUCH AS YOU CAN GET FOR IT!!!!!!!! END OF WHINING!!!:rolleyes:

i keep reading and reading continued posts on this site and other sites regarding prices of sh-t people are selling. and i ask again, to ALL THE PRICE COMPLAINERS, what do you do or make or even provide for a living??? and what do you sell it for??? let me answer that question for you. AS MUCH AS YOU CAN GET FOR IT!!!!!!!! END OF WHINING!!!:rolleyes:

I own/operate a property services company (mowing, aerating and landscaping) and it provides me with a six figure income working 8-9 months out of the year. I have zero employees so what I make is decided by how hard " I " am willing to work. Doing so allows me to own some things that are by no means required and besides family coming first my happiness is second to none.

The issue here was never demand dictating price but leaving the field wide open and then laughing at offers, I don't consider $500 a low ball offer on a used M4 CAP either.

Truth is the prices of Benelli extensions and these are a joke which is sad becuase the FMV is dictated by people who have no intentions of using most of this stuff it's just all about turnaround profit. Obviously the CAP being sold here was owned by a Benelli guy just trying to break even which is fine. The only argument which was 100% valid is that he should've said $800 obo if thats what it was going to take to own it.

Edited by cody6.0

I own/operate a property services company (mowing, aerating and landscaping) and it provides me with a six figure income working 8-9 months out of the year. I have zero employees so what I make is decided by how hard " I " am willing to work. Doing so allows me to own some things that are by no means required and besides family coming first my happiness is second to none.

The issue here was never demand dictating price but leaving the field wide open and then laughing at offers, I don't consider $500 a low ball offer on a used M4 CAP either.

Truth is the prices of Benelli extensions and these are a joke which is sad becuase the FMV is dictated by people who have no intentions of using most of this stuff it's just all about turnaround profit. Obviously the CAP being sold here was owned by a Benelli guy just trying to break even which is fine. The only argument which was 100% valid is that he should've said $800 obo if thats what it was going to take to own it.

hey cody they even griped after he stated what he was looking for. and ive seen in the past youve sold items for a good price and thats just because you like to be a fair and honest guy to others which i commend!!! but that being said you are not like most and thats not necessarily a bad thing for others as well. my point is, people go to work every day and make their living and alot of people a good living at that. and they come home get on a computer a cry about guns/parts prices. i just find it funny and irritating at the same time. point-- if they dont like the price ,A-dont buy it, and B-dont flame just move on to the next thread.;) oh and for the record, im a refrigeration contractor. i charge as much as i can get from the grocery store chains and its waaaaaaaaaaay too much. but as long as they keep paying it, im gonna keep charging it!!!CAPITALISM, I LOVE IT!!!!

Edited by texas skeeter

$175 parts? Yeah, and the M4 barrel assy. dealer-price is $5XX. But guess what? That's not what the fair-market value is.

FMV on an SBS M4S90 is also FAR from MSRP.

Good on you for getting one at a factory-esque price from your agency. Now, will you order more for everyone like yourself who thinks that is their real value? Why or why not?

Apparently the poster knew he was low-balling and just wanted to whine that FMV is more than he wants to pay. He responded to a polite response with some kind of sour-grapes like complaint that could, with little effort, be construed as proof that he was just trolling and didn't even intend to spend the $500 he offered as he turns around and says that what he offered was "too much". If it was too much for him, why did he offer it? Trolling purposes?

It should also be noted that he responded to the OP's post with a "He didn't...(referring to the OP's FIRST post)" implying that he, at the time of that post, didn't even recognize who the OP/seller WAS in this thread. Basically, he added a bunch of clutter with a low-ball offer that he may or may not have intended on following through with and not enough intent to even keep track of who was selling the damn thing.

This was then furthered by people who are upset about the law of supply and demand.

Epic fail.

Wrong I offered the honest to god top dolar I would pay. Even though I think it is to much I want one so i would of sent the cash anyways. It is so simple just ignore the offer or start off with a price. I never once made a rude comment to anyone. I was the one getting talked down to witch is funny on the internet and not called for even if i did something wrong.

There is a new thread for a stock offered at 700 bucks you dont see me posting in there I am no troll.

I happen to fight in a cage for aliving and you are correct I want ever penny I can get. I once never whined about price. I simply made the best offer I could. You guys that paid 700-900 must be mad or think I offended you. wont happen from me. I am respectfull I treat everyone on the internet as I would in person as we all should.

I happen to fight in a cage for aliving and you are correct I want ever penny I can get. I once never whined about price. I simply made the best offer I could. You guys that paid 700-900 must be mad or think I offended you. wont happen from me. I am respectfull I treat everyone on the internet as I would in person as we all should.

hey rocket, i was actually generalizing about people complaining about prices. i see it every day on all the various sites i enter. so i wasnt actually trying to call you out. i mean really, what kind of DUMBA$$ would piss off a cage fighter???:D not me!!!:)

hey rocket, i was actually generalizing about people complaining about prices. i see it every day on all the various sites i enter. so i wasnt actually trying to call you out. i mean really, what kind of DUMBA$$ would piss off a cage fighter???:D not me!!!:)

Understood, I dont want people thinking I am a troll or anything like that.

dont worrie about pissing me off you are probably at least 10 times better shot than I am.

FMV means "Fair Market Value"! This is determined by BOTH buyers and sellers. They have to agree on a price. The laws of supply and demand will determine the eventual price. If we all suddenly believe the collapsible stocks are only worth $500 that is what they will sell for. Personally, they would have to drop lower than that before I would have any interest.

My factory, non-collapsible stock is functioning just fine. Until I get fitted for some body armor, I see limited utility for the collapsible stock. To me (Hint, what follows is my personal opinion and I do not presume to project it onto other members of this forum) a collapsible stock is little more than a tacticool fashion accessory. I understand that others are willing to pay $700 for a variety of reasons and to each of them it was a valid decision. If the market supports a high price there will be added pressure for increased supply. One of the many firearm accessory manufacturers may take notice and start providing a "Made In The USA" version. With all of the posts on this forum regarding 922® I would find that option to be far more appealing and I will hold on to my hard earned money while I wait and see. Should that happen you may see the value of your Benelli Collapsibles drop drastically overnight.

Caveat Emptor!;)

P.S. It's been listed on this forum for five days with nary a nibble. Why don't you list in on GB with no reserve. Post a link back here and we can all watch the free market at work?

Edited by OhioM4

If people just PM'd him with what they were willing to pay it would cut down on a lot of arguing. Silence is the best remedy to something YOU find overpriced. He did sort of hint that PMs were what he was looking for rather than an intramural fight fight.

Plus, do we have to revisit the same old tired perspectives on this EVERY time a stock comes up for sale? Okay, I got, "free marketers" vs. "do your M4 friends a favor at a reasonable price" vs. "don't be greedy" types.

This was all very interesting the first twenty times we discussed it.

Edited by BigHat

• 2 weeks later...
One last bump. Thinking about keeping it if I don't get a high enough offer soon. Highest offer is 650 shipped.

Just keep it, these things come in cycles it seems. There are a VERY limited number of these getting from LE to civvi hands, so the demand will only rise. Wait until the next round of anti-gun political noise and watch the price go uppppp.