what's your favorite optic for the m4?

xamoel

good morning!

i know this question has been posted quite a lot of times, but maybe there are some now choices now!

what kind of optic would you choose for your benelli m4, mainly for HD?

i thought of an aimpoint micro-t1, an eotech x***, or maybe a trijcon ACOG...

what's the most suitable in your opinion, and which one is the best quality-wise?

would be nice to use it with NVG.

greets

xamoel

good morning!

i know this question has been posted quite a lot of times, but maybe there are some now choices now!

what kind of optic would you choose for your benelli m4, mainly for HD?

i thought of an aimpoint micro-t1, an eotech x***, or maybe a trijcon ACOG...

what's the most suitable in your opinion, and which one is the best quality-wise?

would be nice to use it with NVG.

greets

xamoel

I have the Eotech on my M1S90 and like it alot. I am leaving the M4 as is no sight.

ACOG would be way over kill and best for a rifle

A couple guys here have the T-1 and seems to be the trend? I dont think it can C0-witness even with the low mount but not sure?

does anyone know if there are flip-up covers for the T-1? couldn't find any accessories for the MICRO-models on the aimpoint-homepage... would be too bad having it's expensive lens scratched!

Only cover I know of is the one that comes with it. Front and rear cap connected with elastic. They can be removed (clear of the lenses) while still on the bottom of the sight. They work well enough in my view.

alright, the bikini-type-covers.

i just emailed aimpoint, and they told me that there were flip-up covers for the comp m4, with built in killflash, just couldn't find them anywhere.

does somewhere know good optic-pages who also got accessories?

€: what do you think of the trijicon RMR or reflex, and DOCTER sight 2 plus? may the be an alternative?

Edited by xamoel

• 2 months later...
does anyone know if there are flip-up covers for the T-1? couldn't find any accessories for the MICRO-models on the aimpoint-homepage... would be too bad having it's expensive lens scratched!

GG&G makes one. Apparently I don't have enough posts here to include the link or the image. :rolleyes:

I'm curious if the Aimpoint Micro will co-witness through the Benelli M4 irons if mounted to the M4's top rail using the standard Micro mount (NOT using the GG&G mount, which will raise it up higher).

GG&G mounts are good to go. The height is another story. That mount is meant to work with a 2.5" iron sight offset. Then again, with the flip covers, some clearance is needed for them to open properly. I'd give up on worrying about flip covers for the Micro. The whole idea behind the Micro is small, slim, and simple.

Covers are rather pointless. Just use the supplied bikini cover. Last week I got rained and hailed on while out in the field for about two miles of rugged terrain. I was carrying my AR15 M4 with the optic fully exposed.

I checked it a few times to see how it worked in such conditions, other than water spots and droplets, it was easy to see through. Dust on the optic is more annoying than a hindrance.