SuperNova Tactical (accessories)

krzysiuCRNA

Hey all,

I'm new to the board and would like to say hi and thanks for having me. I have been considering the Benelli SuperNova Tactical w/ Pistol Grip to add to a firearm collection that is lacking a tactical home defense shotgun. Quite frankly, I'd love the M4, but can't afford it right now and not even sure I'd want to spend that when I can. I have read quite a few reviews stating the SNova is a quality shotgun and plenty of testimonials in regard to people being satisfied with it.

However, the apparent short coming with the SuperNova appears to be a lack of available accessories. Does anyone know specific companies that offer a tactical light for it? I'm under the impression that many lights work with a given shotgun, but the mount is the key. With that being said, an extension would obviously provide the capability of loading more shells, but would that be the only way to mount a light underneath the barrel on this model? Also, for the heck of it, does anyone know a specific company that has a red dot site that would work with the SuperNova? Lastly, are side saddle type carriers (for along the stock, etc.) for extra shells pretty universal. Or, does anyone have a recommendation for that? I apologize for these elementary questions, but I am new to tactical shotguns and definitely would like to make an informed decision before I purchase.

I also looked at a Mossberg 930 SP w/ pistol grip and must say it looked pretty nice and semi-auto. I'm torn because the simplicity and reliability of a pump seems appealing for a HD gun. I have inherited other Benelli shotguns that have been wonderful and that's why I am closely considering the SuperNova for this purchase. I appreciate everyone's time and input regarding these questions and can't wait to hear from you guys.

Chris B

Chicago

While the 930SPX is a nice shotgun, buy the SuperNova Tactical...First of all, it's set to go out of the box. Ghost ring sights, pistol grip, sling mounts. If you want side-saddles and light mounts go here:

http://www.mesatactical.com

Search the board here for extensions, but I'm getting a Benelli OEM extension. TacStar seems to be popular, but I looked at one over the weekend and it seems weak. Choate seems solid, but does not match the gun...

The SuperNova Tactical is easily the smoothest tactical pump gun I've had the pleasure of firing. I spent last weekend at a pumpkin shoot sending 3.5" 00 buck into the attacking orange orbs all day with no ill effects at all.

Welcome to the board...

Hi Chris, and welcome to the forum!

Sidearmor offers a rail system for the Super Nova which would offer you multiple mounting location options for tac. lights and optics. Here's a link:

http://www.sidearmor.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=62&zenid=nflfvbfdj30mf9sd59t592e7s0

Several of us use Sidearmor's M4 rail system. The quality and fit are excellent.

Take Care,

Hookster :)

Hi Chris, and welcome to the forum!

Sidearmor offers a rail system for the Super Nova which would offer you multiple mounting location options for tac. lights and optics. Here's a link:

http://www.sidearmor.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=62&zenid=nflfvbfdj30mf9sd59t592e7s0

Several of us use Sidearmor's M4 rail system. The quality and fit are excellent.

Take Care,

See what I miss when I'm not paying attention? That is sweet! I think I passed them over because I thought they were M4-specific. Excellent suggestion Hookster. It's a must have...

See what I miss when I'm not paying attention? That is sweet! I think I passed them over because I thought they were M4-specific. Excellent suggestion Hookster. It's a must have...

Hey Mark,

Yeah... I'd like to see a post/review by someone who's tried the Sidearmor Super Nova rail. We have plenty of info around here on the M4 model but nothing for the SN.

Has anyone tried it?

Later,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I think even with a relative lack of accessories, the SN is one great shotgun. I had a Nova for years and it never once hiccuped... not once.

I would throw out the Nordic components guys, they have both a great extension tube (great fit and finish) as well as, a great barrel clamp/light mount for any flashlight you may want to run.

Great gun for the money.