Need help on possible Benelli M4 purchase!

mosley128

Ok, so I just left our local gun store here in town, and they had a Benelli M4 for sale. I've been looking for one for a couple years now, but no one seems to be able to get them in stock. They're asking $1500 for it, and it has a fixed stock and (I believe) a five round tube. He said it did NOT have the extension on it, so it only holds a few shells. My questions are these: Is this a good buy? Will I be able to purchase and attach a collapsible stock after-market, and will I be able to extend the tube to hold more shells? I'm extremely new to shotguns, but have used the M4 a little when deployed overseas with the Marine Corps, so I'm wanting to make it as "military" as possible. Any help will be appreciated!

Yes, its a good buy. I got mine last year for 1650, but have put at least another $600 in Mod's on it to make it "Serviceable."

I would buy it now, then get the Collapsable stock later. I would do it Devil Dog.

Semper.

What were your $600 in mods?

Edited by Unobtanium

it wasnt 1600. It was around 600.

Kips Tube: $200

Surefire Rail: $230

GG&G Bolt Release: $120

GG&G Enlarged Charging Handle" $35 (I think)

The Accessories added up a bit too. I got the Soft Carrying Case from Benelli which I think was another $100, and a Tactical 3 point Sling from Urban Sentry for another $75 or so.

It was all worth it.

I have a Benelli M4 11707 that was purchased a little over three years ago for close to $1,700. Still looks brand new and has the two position recoil tube and collapsible stock. Also accessories like halo sights, flashlight, foregrip. Have full length choke tube but not attached. All fits in a pelican case. Could part with it for fair price. I am new to this forum but will post some pictures when I figure out how.

I also called four gunshops today located in Kentucky, Idaho, California and Texas. None of them had m4's in stock and said they were months out. I was typically quoted around $1,700.

Is Benelli having a hard time keeping up with supplying our soldiers our as civilian demand gone up as well?

I have a Benelli M4 11707 that was purchased a little over three years ago for close to $1,700. Still looks brand new and has the two position recoil tube and collapsible stock. Also accessories like halo sights, flashlight, foregrip. Have full length choke tube but not attached. All fits in a pelican case. Could part with it for fair price. I am new to this forum but will post some pictures when I figure out how.

I also called four gunshops today located in Kentucky, Idaho, California and Texas. None of them had m4's in stock and said they were months out. I was typically quoted around $1,700.

Is Benelli having a hard time keeping up with supplying our soldiers our as civilian demand gone up as well?

Well, do you still have the OEM fixed PG stock that came on it in LNIB condition? I would buy that by itself, been looking for one.

Also, what is this full length choke tube you speak of?

I am going to keep it. Probably put it on my 1014 limited edition and sell the collapsible stock. Looks like the stocks will soon be worth as much as the guns. The mag tube is 18.25 inches from tip to tip. Not sure how much trouble it is to install it or how much trouble I can be in for doing so.

Edited by garnok
magazine tube

I am going to keep it. Probably put it on my 1014 limited edition and sell the collapsible stock. Looks like the stocks will soon be worth as much as the guns. The choke tube is 18.25 inches from tip to tip. Not sure how much trouble it is to install it or how much trouble I can be in for doing so.

Keep the collapsible and sell the PG stock (to me!). The collapsible--as you have noted--will continue to accrue value. When Mesa comes out with their Urbino fixed stock with better length-of pull and optional sling hardpoint early next year, your PG stock will be all but worthless. Part with it now, while I am offering top-dollar! :D

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=147164890

I dont know what tax is in your area...but this could be a couple hundred bucks cheaper.

If you arent in a big rush....i see these go on gunbroker for 1350-1450 all the time. If you even think you might buy one of these shotguns ...I would order one of kip's titanium tubes now. they take a while to get to you, but are worth the wait. Then, if you dont decide to buy the gun, you could turn around and sell the tube for exactly what you paid for it to somebody who doesnt want to wait while theirs is on order.

Edited by tinman1975

Guest Impaigup73

I believe there will be some versions of masks or a windshield in the future maybe not from Benelli but from "tuning dealers" like or something like that