new vinci owner!

JackTheRipper

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about a copy of the expensive ass receipt! that's more proof! hahaha

btw, I bought a better sight for it, one of those lazer bright sights, it had a picture of Tom Knapp on it... anyways, it's freakin adhesive (my cousin bought a different brand and his is magnetic, and his is much much much brighter)

anyways, 20 bucks down the drain...

oh yea, forgot to mention (I noticed this before I bought it)

there is a chip in the camo, on the stock under the barrel... it's not really noticeable, but I did want to exchange it for a different gun, but they didn't have one...

I'll post some pics up so yall can give your opinions... some people might think I'm very nit picky, but damn, I just spent 1400 on a firearm, I want it to be perfect!

how about a copy of the expensive ass receipt! that's more proof! hahaha

btw, I bought a better sight for it, one of those lazer bright sights, it had a picture of Tom Knapp on it... anyways, it's freakin adhesive (my cousin bought a different brand and his is magnetic, and his is much much much brighter)

anyways, 20 bucks down the drain...

I have one of those ez hit optics on my O/U. Its a great sight.

I bought a shotgun site made by Champion, it's called the easthit shotgun sight... it's red and 3.0mm x 2.75"... let me tell you what... I guess i'm doing something wrong, because i'm shocked someone can make such a piece of crap... I hate this damn thing...

seriously... biggest piece of **** I've ever bought...

my cousin bought a browning hi viz for his SBE II that was magnetic (unlike this adhesive one) and his is SUPER bright...

man I'm disappointed...

What are the advantages of having such a bright sight on a shotgun?

It seems to me that unless there's an eye dominance issue or POI issue, you would want the front sight to be unobtrusive and benign, so that you can shoot more instinctively.

Thats why I have one on my O/U. It doesn't fit me and this helps me keep my head down.

alright guys, took the Vinci out today and shot about 50 clay pigeons.

my cousin was with me and he was shooting his brand new SBE II...

He didn't run any high brass through it, and his shotgun jammed repetitively... He was super pissed, but I told him not to be, that he had to break it in...

Let me tell ya what guys... In my honest, unbiased opinion, there isn't any comparison... The Vinci blows the SBE II out of the damn water. I am not even joking. It swings better, handles better, feels better, **** I even say shoots better (okay maybe that last one is biased ;-P....)

they are both very fine shotguns, no doubt... my cousin basically admitted he shoulda got the Vinci... and something weird, even the CAMO looks brighter/richer, he said mine looked HD compared to his dull looking camo...

just my 2 cents gentlemen. i'm pretty freakin happy right now! can't wait to shoot some ducks!

okay I made the mistake of trying to clean my barrel, I had to take the action out of the barrel, man it sucked, I couldn't get it all the way out, so I gave it up, and then I coudln't get it back in because of this little red plastic thing... phew... finally had to force it back in by using the stock to push it on...

alright guys, took the Vinci out today and shot about 50 clay pigeons.

my cousin was with me and he was shooting his brand new SBE II...

He didn't run any high brass through it, and his shotgun jammed repetitively... He was super pissed, but I told him not to be, that he had to break it in...

Let me tell ya what guys... In my honest, unbiased opinion, there isn't any comparison... The Vinci blows the SBE II out of the damn water. I am not even joking. It swings better, handles better, feels better, **** I even say shoots better (okay maybe that last one is biased ;-P....)

they are both very fine shotguns, no doubt... my cousin basically admitted he shoulda got the Vinci... and something weird, even the CAMO looks brighter/richer, he said mine looked HD compared to his dull looking camo...

just my 2 cents gentlemen. i'm pretty freakin happy right now! can't wait to shoot some ducks!

Oh really... My friend has the Vinci and it was the other way around, My SBE II shot flawlessly with 100 clays and his Vinci jamed. He regrets not getting the SBE II. As for the cammo, his Vinci did look a bit brighter but not significantly. Both my friend and I thought the SBE handled better, swung better, aimed better. Go figger. I need to mention that we are both over 6' tall. As for jamming, we lubed the Vinci a bit and made the whole diff in the world.

Bottom line, neither blows one another out of the water. They are both superb shotguns, period...

Hi Jack, I have a Vinci and I was wondering if you pattern tested it yet? If you get a chance, I would like to know your results. I love the gun but I have to be honest with you, I've had some frustrating times with it because it shoot 8" High! You can read my posts about it here http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20340&highlight=vinci+shooting+high

I finally have the thing under control, I put a Cabelas magnetic site on it and it helped lower the POI. Basically Jack, my gun doesn't shoot where you point it, but the fiber optic site helped a lot! Now if I float the target above the sight, it shoots dead nuts on. I do have the thickest shim in the gun so there's nothing else I can do to lower the POI as far as Benelli is concerned. In my opinion a field shotgun should not shoot high like a trap gun, I have a problem with that!

When you pattern test your Vinci, do me a favor, shoot it at around 20 yards with a mod choke and aim right in the center of the target, don't float the target, let me know your results please.

By the way I want to thank "hognutz" once again for helping me out with this POI issue as I've benefited from his pervious frustrations with the Vinci.

upland i patterned mine out and it seemed to shoot dead on. I figured out my problem when i was shooting slugs, i wasnt looking down my barrel right. I shot a bucket at 15 yards and blew it in half with some 7 1/2 shot out of my full, then blew a rabbits head clean off from about 15 yards later that night. Somehow i didnt get any pellets in the meat it was pretty exciting bc we got dinner for my buddies grandparents!

Hi Yenrec, good to hear from you. Just so I have it clear...with target-type ammunition, are you floating the target above the front sight, or are you putting the front sight right on the target?

According to Benelli, the gun is suppose to shoot high and I have a problem with that because all the guns I've owned shoot exactly where I point them and it's hard to adapt, but I am adapting, LOL. What shim do you have in the gun?

i was putting my front sight right on target. I learned i needed to basically blot out my front pin with the mid pin to shoot dead on. i have the stock shim in my gun as im not too sure how it will feel if i swap it out. I love the way it fits me now, and im scared my shots will be off if i swapped to a diff shim.

i was putting my front sight right on target. I learned i needed to basically blot out my front pin with the mid pin to shoot dead on. i have the stock shim in my gun as im not too sure how it will feel if i swap it out. I love the way it fits me now, and im scared my shots will be off if i swapped to a diff shim.

Shooting it in this fashion will definitely lower the point of impact. That would be hard for me to do in a situation where a quick shot is needed. If it works for you, don't change a thing. Don't fix something that isn't broke.. Glad to hear that you like your new Vinci.. Mike