new vinci owner!

JackTheRipper

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I put an Easy Hit SG 3 mm RED-5" Sight on my 20 ga SuperSport. I am also not overly crazy about the sticky tape instillation, but it has held up fine half way through the pheasant season. The sight helps me make sure that I put the gun up correctly when a pheasant flushes. I find myself using the site to readjust my gun position while firing. If I miss the first shot it is usually due to my gun not being put up correctly. Either the stock catches on my vest on the way up to my shoulder or I have my gun up my a** while the boys are working a bird. Tom Knapp uses this sight and he shoots OK.

Shooting high is the European way and Benelli is a European gun. This method of sighting is a tremendous advantage shooting trap, skeet, or birds. Sighting high helps you hit a rising bird. You can actually see your target when you pull the trigger. I learned shotgunning using a Browning A5 and the "high" sighting of a Benelli is a great improvement. If think Benelli shoots high, try a high end trap gun.

A properly-fit shotgun will shoot 60% of the pattern above the POI, and 40% below. The best sight picture has the bird floating just above the barrel. And, most patterning is done at 40yds, not 20, and not less than 30yds. Just some suggestions - - - a lot of this has to do with gun mount, which goes back to gun fit as well.

Agreed. I put an Easy Hit SG 3 mm RED-5" Sight on my 20 ga SuperSport. I am also not overly crazy about the sticky tape instillation, but it has held up fine half way through the pheasant season. The sight helps me make sure that I put the gun up correctly when a pheasant flushes. I find myself using the site to readjust my gun position while firing. If I miss the first shot it is usually due to my gun not being put up correctly. Either the stock catches on my vest on the way up to my shoulder or I have my gun up my a** while the boys are working a bird. Tom Knapp uses this sight and he shoots OK.

Shooting high is the European way and Benelli is a European gun. This method of sighting is a tremendous advantage shooting trap, skeet, or birds. Sighting high helps you hit a rising bird. You can actually see your target when you pull the trigger. I learned shotgunning using a Browning A5 and the "high" sighting of a Benelli is a great improvement. If think Benelli shoots high, try a high end trap gun.

A properly-fit shotgun will shoot 60% of the pattern above the POI, and 40% below. The best sight picture has the bird floating just above the barrel. And, most patterning is done at 40yds, not 20, and not less than 30yds. Just some suggestions - - - a lot of this has to do with gun mount, which goes back to gun fit as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...