Black Cloud Carlson Choke...

JackTheRipper

I use a modified choke and get a 40" pattern at 30 yards. It is a fairly large pattern by my standards, but whats amazing about BC it it has so much power. 2 pellets of BC's special FS steel is equivalent to 3-4 regular steel pellets hitting. That and it drives very heavy payloads at very high velocity's, black cloud is the ultimate in steel shot. I have yet to find a load that patterns good in my mod choke. My IC patterns better.

I'm using the improved cylinder that came with the Vinci. Does anyone have any experience with Carlson's black cloud choke?

I need something to pattern well, fan out, because I need all the help I can get :-)

anyone?

thanks

Jack

IMO, the benelli ciro factory chokes work as good or better than any after market choke. If you don't belive me, take your gun to the patterning board and test your factory chokes. My IC & Mod chokes shoot a beautiful pattern at 30 yards with Kent #3 steel.

Try the Extended Pass-shooting choke, if you can find one in your area. I got one at Bass Pro for $6.00 on closeout, and that thing hasn't left my gun since.

Have you also tried Kent Fasteel? I am pretty impressed with that stuff as well.

I agree 100% with both of your posts. Some here may disagree but factory mod choke is great and so is Kent FastSteel. Good Recommendations!;)

I'm using the improved cylinder that came with the Vinci. Does anyone have any experience with Carlson's black cloud choke?

I need something to pattern well, fan out, because I need all the help I can get :-)

anyone?

thanks

Jack

The Carlson BC choke is marketed with two key features; it is shaped specifically for the BC wad and therefore is claimed to throw a more even pattern, and it is treated with a special coating to prevent excess fouling from the special BC wad.

You can choose to believe Carlson or not :)

I've shot a ton of BC, and I use an extended IC choke of various brands. You might be just fine with your factory IC & BC.

I'd e-mail Carlson and ask about their BC choke in your Vinci. They are a pretty solid company and will probably give you an informational reply. I've bought maybe a dozen chokes from them over the years with zero complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using my factory IC choke and BC #2 with great results. I went to our gun store and wanted to buy a Carlson or Patternmaster BC choke. I found that the staff would sell me either choke but did not recommend them . They indicated that the benelli factory chokes work just fine with BC.

I recently patterned my sbe2 with #2 shot 3.5" with factory chokes, briley x2 chokes and the briley bc choke and the carlson black cloud chokes. At forty yards briley x2 light modified performed the best with 150 evenly placed pellets in a thirty inch circle. I would call a tie between the carlson bc extended and the stock modified. Placing around 140 pellets in the circle. The carlson extended maybe a little tighter but only slightly. Hope this helps.

I just started using the black cloud in my browning citori and i really like it. Im saving up for a SBE II but ive heard mixed reviews about the black cloud with that gun. Anything from consistent jams to overly dirty barells to a great load&gun combo. Do any of you have any input? Also i take really good care of all my guns and clean them throughly after every hunt.

I began suing Black Cloud this year.

I also began with the Carlson choke tube.

I don't know how it shoots with factory chokes, but I know it kicks butt with the Carlson's.

A greenhead I shot Saturday was at least 45 yards, if not 50. I lead him nearly six feet and the BC 4's dropped him like a stone.