recoil reducer

thomas D

I'm thinking of installing the recoil reducer on my Nova Tactical Pump, but I can't see how adding 14.oz weight will damping the recoil very much, especialy with slugs. This reducer sells for over a $100 buck plus tax, thats 1/5 the price I paid for the gun.

Has anybody that's installed the reducer really feel a noticable differance?

Originally posted by thomas magnum:

I'm thinking of installing the recoil reducer on my Nova Tactical Pump, but I can't see how adding 14.oz weight will damping the recoil very much, especialy with slugs. This reducer sells for over a $100 buck plus tax, thats 1/5 the price I paid for the gun.

Has anybody that's installed the reducer really feel a noticable differance?

The reducer I installed in my Nova Tactical turned the recoil from 1oz slugs from a sharp, sudden kick into a slower, heavy push- make no mistake, I can still tell I`m shooting 12 ga slugs but the recoil seems to be softened and much more tolerable.

Remember that recoil is subjective- YMMV

Last I heard, the Nova specific pads would be out at the first of the year. I'd be interested to hear if they had pushed that up.

I would go for the pad first and then see if you need the recoil reducer. I never went that extra step.

[ 12-02-2005, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: Cleric ]

Originally posted by DV:

The reducer I installed in my Nova Tactical turned the recoil from 1oz slugs from a sharp, sudden kick into a slower, heavy push- make no mistake, I can still tell I`m shooting 12 ga slugs but the recoil seems to be softened and much more tolerable.

Remember that recoil is subjective- YMMV

Thanks for the info. I think I'll go for the reducer and the limbsaver suggestion.

Yes recoil is definatly subjective, which greatly depends on our grip, hold and stance when shooting a thumper. Standing up, leaning forward and having a tight hold on my friends .375 Holland & Holland was suprising pleasant to shoot. Then I sat down at the bench to sight it for him. God I realy wish I hadn't pulled the trigger that day.