How is the season going

chop123

Guys how are your season going thus far?Mine is really sucking so far,the geese dont seem to be here like they were this time last year.They also are not hitting the winter wheat like they usually do early in the season,strange.This time last year i had did some real damage,so far only two geese,in a field,water is where i do best.I live in Northumberland County,Virginia.

same here... the ducks and geese dont seem to be around.. i went out thurs fri and today and shot 1 mallard and 1 black duck thats about it. if it wasn't for pheasant hunting after duck hunting this weekend would have been a complete wash. It's the weather its still in the high 50's here in NJ and its almost Dec!

If your waiting for a big push from the north keep waiting.....I am in the north and still waiting for a late Mallard flight but its just not happening yet, too warm and nothing is froze over yet. It will be cold this week, but may be not enough to push them down. Most all northern lakes and rivers are all open, which is odd this late in the year.

• 2 weeks later...